Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you just keep getting hairier as you get older?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you just keep getting hairier as you get older?

Lately I noticed a few things:

1) My "treasure trail" (which has been present since I was ~17) has gotten significantly thicker

2) I have significant amounts of hair on my upper arms (tricep region). As of yet it is only blonde hair, but I'm afraid it will start the progression to dirty blonde/brown which the rest of my hair has.

3) I now not only have hair between the first and second knuckles (moving up from my wrist) on each finger, but also between 2nd and 3rd knuckles. If I start to grow hair on the last segment (where fingernail is located) then I don't know what I'm going to do.

On a completely unrelated note, did you realise that the human arm+hand has 23(!) degrees of freedom (including shoulder motions)?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

bored recently?

I noticed gettign hairier for a while, but not recently

still no hair on the back

JOn Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have had some hair on my legs but not on my upper body....
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

i have a lot of leg hair...other than that I just have a small patch of short chest hair, and the treasure trail
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
          bored recently?

I noticed gettign hairier for a while, but not recently

still no hair on the back

JOn Miller
          Me neither. And not very much on chest either.

have had some hair on my legs but not on my upper body....

My legs are like a forest. Scottish blood, I think. Luckily it's blonde (the lightest hair on my body, actually).
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My beard comes in thicker now than it did five years ago...

I haven't really been paying attention to the rest, since I've been too preoccupied by the encroachment of grey hair.

Also, is that counting each finger joint as a separate degree of freedom, or just each finger?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

My legs are like a forest.
              Mine as well...little kids comment on it "wow your legs are hairy" "gee you have hairy legs" etc.
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                I haven't really been paying attention to the rest, since I've been too preoccupied by the encroachment of grey hair.
                i thought you were only early 20s, loin?

Comment

My beard comes in thicker now than it did five years ago...

Also, is that counting each finger joint as a separate degree of freedom, or just each finger?
                  Each joint, since you have separate control of each of them. The degrees I found are (moving down from shoulder:

3 at shoulder
                  1 at elbow
                  1 in forearm (it's possible to rotate the forearm without rotating upper arm)
                  2 at wrist
                  3 in each finger (including thumb)

Wait...that makes 22. Oops.

EDIT: actually, that should be 4 for each finger. At the first joint there's 2 degrees of freedom.

So the final tally is 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5*4 = 27!
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

2 at wrist? it's not possible to rotate just your wrist/hand

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                      i thought you were only early 20s, loin?
                      Yup, started going grey at the ripe old age of 17. My mom's genes must've cursed me, since she had to start coloring her hair at 24.

Originally posted by Frogger
                      3 in each finger (including thumb)
                      What does that turn into for somebody who's double jointed? Or does it make a difference?
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

2 at wrist. You can waggle the wrist toward the forearm and from side to side.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

what the hell's a treasure trail?
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                            what the hell's a treasure trail?
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yup, started going grey at the ripe old age of 17. My mom's genes must've cursed me, since she had to start coloring her hair at 24.

What does that turn into for somebody who's double jointed? Or does it make a difference?
                              No difference. I think the double jointedness just reduces the restrictions on the already-available degrees of freedom (increases range of motion).
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X