Stupid Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Severn
    It's not funny; it's horrifying. I've heard that 15% of americans don't realize that the Earth revolves round the Sun!

Consider that these worthless morons fit only for soylent green ingredients will, for the most part be allowed to drive, vote, and HAVE CHILDREN OF THEIR OWN!!!
    Remember, these idiots can vote. That's the problem with democracy.
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      Most retarded people are incapable of doing those things you mentioned, Dan...are you saying we should kill the retarded, mein Fuh...er, I mean, good sir?
      No, they're not stupid; they're disabled. I mean someone in control of all their faculties who refuses to use them. They must die.

The Fascist wasted far too much time splitting people along racial lines. It would be much more direct just to kill everyone, except your close friends. (I have none, BTW.)
      http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
      Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
      ------------------------
      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist

Remember, these idiots can vote. That's the problem with democracy.
        I concur. But hate the player, not the game. People are the problem, not liberty.
        ------------------------
        ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Um, that's nothing. Many U.S. students can't find their OWN state on a map.
          I've read things like this and I must say I never, repeat, NEVER saw anyone that stupid when I was in school. I can only guess that the student who couldn't find their state on the map was a recent immigraint who didn't speak English and whom didn't didn't understand the question. Even poor white trash know basic geography...
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, my mom is a teacher, as is my roommate. You're gravely mistaken, unfortunately...
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Even poor white trash know basic geography...
              Completely false.
              ------------------------
              ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Question on Street Smarts: "Where is Pearl Harbor?"
                Answer: "Boston Harbor."
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Ask them where Switzerland or Luxembourg are, for that matter.

EDIT: gee. hee.
                  DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Jay Leno claims that Jaywalking is real... It doesn't suprise me... Of course, the big chicken never dared do a jaywalking here at Caltech...
                    Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

I had a girl in my class that didn't know that Hitler was involved in World War 2. She also thought that Japan was a city in China. Another girl thought that Mexico was part of the U.S. I told her that she was half right.
                      "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

When I came to the US, I noticed that most people just weren't as smart as in Russia. Even with all this money. Sure there are a few smart people, but the US doesn't promote their talents at all.....

"Geek" is a very good example. But now I'm threadjacking.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                          When I came to the US, I noticed that most people just weren't as smart as in Russia. Even with all this money. Sure there are a few smart people, but the US doesn't promote their talents at all.....

"Geek" is a very good example. But now I'm threadjacking.
                          The problem is our education system. We want to cultivate good feelings instead of encouraging competetion. We waste 75% of our education money on the bottom 25% of our students. Special Education eats up a monstrous amount of funds, and its ranks swell every year. Furthermore, Gifted children are lumped in with the average kids to avoid "elitism". Those gifted children are then made to feel like outsiders and wierdos by the average students, who out number them. That's where the "geek" stigma comes from.

IMO, our schools need to stop worrying about hurting people's feelings and start giving the gifted students the attention. The bottom 25% are never going to make anything of themselves. Why waste all of the money on them? We should give them a practical vocational education and spend the money on more deserving students. But that would cultivate a, god forbid, intellectual elite in the U.S. We don't want that here. All men are created equal, no matter how stupid the man is.

Comment

Why can't you do both? The school system that I went through had four levels: basic, general, advanced and enriched. The students in each level deserve an education.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

i had a girl tell me that "being a communist was horrible because hitler was an evil man". read that a few times and then know that she mortally opposed all sense and fact i tried to coax into her.

one day when i was bored i asked my sister to draw a map of europe. first off, she only knew about 6 coutries (France, England, Germany, Italy, Spain and Ireland) and she got them all mixed up. It looked nothing like europe at all.

i then told her to draw the US. she first drew NY (where we live), then drew california, then drew Florida, and Texas. she proceeded to fill in areas randomly and label them randomly as well.

Suprising? not really.

and as for the American Education system, i could not agree with you more Nationalist. I was in the upper 12% of my class (just missed top 10%, sigh), and the AP programs we'rent all the different than the regular classes.

I knew of one kid with a small learning disability. He was a great guy and everything, he was just slow to learn. Anyway, the school got him a special aide, and gave him a laptop so he could "keep up" with the class. Again, i knew the kid and i knew he had more mp3s and games on that laptop than he had educational crap.

IMHO (and i'm a cruel elitist f*cker mind you) public schooling should be availible to everyone up to age 14. At that time you take a test every year to see if you stay in public school. The test shouldn't be "easy" in any respect. It would encompass everything one would learn that year.

If you failed the test you would be ousted from public school for the year. you would be forced to be a laborer and / or goto a private school / get a tutor so you can retake the test you failed next year.

Public school should be for those who want to learn. I never understood why some of the kids showed up each day just to fail over and over. eventually most of them STOPPED showing up, but others didnt.

I have a friend who failed every class this year (his senior year). even Physical Education. He's currently supposed to be in summer school and is going to have to repeat most of the year anyway.

He has no intention of going back. and tax dollars, school supplies, text books, and teacher attention were all wasted on him. no point in that.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                                Why can't you do both? The school system that I went through had four levels: basic, general, advanced and enriched. The students in each level deserve an education.
                                my school had 4.

"Special Ed"
                                "Regulars"
                                "Honors"
                                "AP (Advanced Placement)"

but they continually tried to merge classes. the more AP students a school has, the mroe tax dollars they get (in NY anyway). They shoved people that obviously didnt belong there into AP Physics, AP Calculus, and to a lesser extent, AP Government.

People who couldn't do simple algebra were holding back my calculus class by weeks. some other classes finished a full 3 weeks ahead of ours and began review. our class had two days of review, one of which was a weekend.
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X