American trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this as I posted this:
    We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
    -- James D. Nicoll
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

"As Bugs said before, the main reason the English went on a worldwide rampage is because of all the genes in the population we acquired from several different invading hoardes."

Rampage? "ultimate global invader"?

Sounds awful dramatic for a bunch of teatime at 4 men wearing tights.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

in terms of square miles of territory our Empire must surely have been the biggest in history. Australia, Canada and India are all pretty huge.

I'm not sure if it was much of a 'rampage', though.

Just the cunning use of flags.

"No flag - No country! You can't have one!"

Comment

"Just the cunning use of flags."

Yes, you used the white ones very cunningly!

I have to hand it to you guys, though. Y'all had a passable navy. Not nearly as good as the American one, but still pretty good.

Edit: Had to make the post a smilie, like the true pros.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

"They get the basic trolling in, and come up with good opening gambits, but are still not getting the blazing "you are such a moron" response. "

Not really, I have gotten much, much worse than that from Paiktis- see my sig. Paiktis makes many attempts to try to get Americans upset, but all he is able to do is induce laughing. But then, he is laughably easy as a troll-target. He also doesn't know how to troll effectively either, he just goes over the top in making inflammatory posts that destroy his credibility.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

The Brits like to pretend they are ok with the fact that they can't produce a sportsman worth his pay, but if you insult Beckham or that little weeney tennis player of theirs look out. They'll be spurning you at social occasions in no time (or whatever it is they do when their upset).
                What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

I like Beckham, but Henman (the weenie tennis player) is the most annoying person in the country. The guy himself is OK, but the hysteria he seems to generate here makes me want to strangle people.

The hysteria is only during Wimbledon too. For the rest of the year people wouldn't care if he lived or died, but for two weeks in July he is idolised. That makes no sense. At least the love/hatred of Beckham is consistent.

Comment

nice to see an interest in me by the murderer of peoples again

actually he got called what he had coming and then it and I stuck in his mind dont worry though it was a popular saying, i didnt made it up.

BTW those seeking credibility in OT internet trolling forums are morons to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      there are no US trolls

and Canadians only troll Canadians

Jon Miller
                      I troll Americans all the time.

EDIT: but I have to admit that there's nothing like pissing off Albertans and separatists alike in a Constitutional grudge match...
                      Last edited by KrazyHorse; August 14, 2002, 22:07.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hey SD, remembe when in the first post you said:

"They get the basic trolling in, and come up with good opening gambits, but are still not getting the blazing "you are such a moron" response."

Well Paiktis just said:

"
                        BTW those seeking credibility in OT internet trolling forums are morons"

Not the exact words, mind you, but still the same insult (moron) you said we weren't producing! A milestone for American trolling!

Thank you Pattycakes!
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

np my little heartbroken stalker

Comment

"Henmania" and tennis is the upper classes' entertainment for the summer.

BTW, Chris62 was a good troll around September time last year, and still is now when going on about Israel and Palestine.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I think the problem is that America, being such a diverse place, will inevitably produce a far more varied amount of responses, making effective "bandwagon" trolling impossible. Unlike the filthy Eurocom states, wherein racial superiority and cultural monolithism reign supreme, America is beyond such automaton-like consensus-building. We're also much less likely to get behind a leader, unlike the slavish Euros who love to goosestep to fascist or monarchal types. Our brand of American independence is quite the opposite of your willingness to kiss blueblood arse.
                              thank god there's no large asian community here-- goosestepping to authoritarian types, racial superiority, cultural monolithism reign supreme, automaton-like consensus-building...

but yeah, i agree it's those damn eurocom's fault for everything.
                              B♭3

Comment

Stupid question time.

What exactly is a troll, is it a wind up and whats the difference to flaming
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X