Racist attack!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist attack!!!

At Examiner.comâ„¢ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Publication date: 08/08/2002

Racial attack at SFPD?
    BY RICHARD BYRNE REILLY
    Of The Examiner Staff

In what appears to be a racially motivated attack, three watermelons were delivered to the office of Police Chief Earl Sanders last Thursday by a woman who spoke little English and likely was unaware of the racial significance, The Examiner has learned.

"She was allegedly paid by somebody, we don't know who, to deliver the watermelons," said Sgt. G. Williams of the department's Investigative Division. "She was asked who paid her but she couldn't, or wouldn't, say."

Watermelons have been used since the 19th century as racist tools against black Americans. Officers of the department expressed outrage, saying the incident strove to sow racial discord in an already tension-filled department attempting to rebuild its image in the wake of former chief Fred Lau's departure in July.

"This is very, very disturbing," said a black police inspector who asked to remain anonymous.

At Wednesday's police commission meeting, new Police Chief Earl Sanders, who is black, and Assistant Chief Alex Fagan, who is white, acknowledged the watermelon delivery but sought to play down the incident.

"Here's the bottom line: the watermelons were delivered by an Asian lady with a shopping cart last Thursday. The gift was sent anonymously and we had them returned. If anybody took offense, I haven't noticed," Fagan said.

He added there was no investigation planned and that the incident was "dead in the water."

"Brutal, absolutely brutal. I can't believe somebody would do something like that, in this city," another cop said.

Williams called the watermelon delivery a racist act and said he hopes the perpetrator is exposed. He said he had no idea who set the woman up but that some on the force would be looking into the issue

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

whats with the watermelons?

Comment

The stereotype of Blackpeople is that they eat watermelons. They do. So do white people. Watermelons are refreshing in the hot summer. However, when said about Black folks, it's meant as an insult.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

is this satire?
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

?????

What's wrong with eating watermelons? I LOVE them!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            The stereotype of Blackpeople is that they eat watermelons. They do. So do white people. Watermelons are refreshing in the hot summer. However, when said about Black folks, it's meant as an insult.
            What a horrible insult!

"You like watermelons!"

Come on Che, you can see how silly this story is cant you?

Comment

"Brutal, absolutely brutal. I can't believe somebody would do something like that, in this city," another cop said.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

If he didn't want the watermellons, i'd have taken them. What you do is cut a hole in one end (just a small hole) and pour some kind of liquor into it. . like, lots of liquor. . . and let it soak for a while. Then eat the watermellon. Good times!
                -connorkimbro
                "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Nothing is wrong with eating watermelons. They're yummy.

However, racists used to say that Black were nothin' but a lazy bunch of cottin' pickin', watermelon and fried chicken eatin' . . . etc. It's an insult because it is meant to be an insult. (I know, that's circular, but the psychology of racism isn't logical).
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Im sure most blacks would just eat the delicious watermelon instead of making accusations of racism. That would be the sensible thing to do.

This story is so stupid. A woman tries to give the police some watermelon and they are shocked at her racism.

Comment

You have a rather peculiar obsession with race-related issues Cali.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                        You have a rather peculiar obsession with race-related issues Cali.
                        I havent posted anything on race for ages. Give me some credit!

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                          Im sure most blacks would just eat the delicious watermelon instead of making accusations of racism. That would be the sensible thing to do.
                          Caligastia, just accept that it's an insult in the US and get over it. No, I don't think most Black people would just accept the watermelons. Most Black people would actually take it as it was intended, as an insult.

Comment

At first I thought that people of african origin, being fed up with all this hypocricy, were taking watermelons and throwing them at cali's head

Comment

I just ate watermelon...

Comment

Working...
                              X