No announcement yet.

Guns r just bad. ban em'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that lady who drowned those kids in a bathtub? I got a great idea... ban bath tubs! Idiots. *Sarcasm*

This message has a double meaning and if you look close enough I am insulting those for gun control. Stop messing with other's freedoms... normal people have a right to protect themselves and I think criminal behavior should be tackled immediately.

People will get guns illegally and there is nothing you double standard gun ban people can do anything about it. Stop telling what other people should have or not... because I seen the statistics from Britain when cops were not allowed to carry weapons anymore. If you really want to end crime hire one of Rudy Giulani's police chiefs like what a Peruvian city has done. Yes the murder rate in this one city south of Lima is one of the highest in the world and they hired a former New York police chief. The cops need guns to crack down on crime. Citizens should have the right to carry a weapon to protect themselves.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Remember that lady who drowned those kids in a bathtub? I got a great idea... ban bath tubs! Idiots. *Sarcasm*

This message has a double meaning and if you look close enough I am insulting those for gun control.
      Another classic nugget of Fezdom!
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
        In theory anyway the United States is supposed to have a government "by the people, of the people and for the people." If that is the case then who exactly is proposing to take the guns from the people? Are these people "more equal than others"? The issue is not guns it is power. My father who is far from a gun toting radical gave me a 22 rifle a month ago but he kept his hand gun. We discussed the issue and he said it was a matter of principle. He fought two wars to maintain the freedom we enjoy as individuals and not slaves or prisoners and he keeps a gun as a symbol of his rights as a joint owner and participant of this government.

Guns are not the answer but people are skeptical of a government that seeks to disarm them while "they" keep theirs. The "they" is supposed to be us.
        The polls I've seen indicate that "the people" are in favor of stricter gun control. It's the political clout of the NRA that prevents the introduction of more stringent gun control, not the will of the people.

In my experience people who get shot are almost never the same afterwards, even if they recover physically.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
          This is why I am all for gun control. Something you might have heard about.

5/6 years ago a man armed with 4 hand guns walked into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland. He shot dead 16 school kids of the ages 5 and 6, as well as their 22 year old female teacher.
          Then there was the case in Japan in which a deranged man killed a dozen second graders with a knife. There's also the case of the Russian immigrant in California who killed his parents, then his two ten year old cousins, and then his two year old son with a knife. It doesn't take much to kill a child; their blood volume is much less than an adult's.

The point should be whether or not the banning of hand guns can realistically be expected to lower the homicide rate. I think it's reasonable to believe that reducing the availability of hand guns would reduce the number of spontaneous homicides of passion, i.e., incidents in which a person kills someone out of anger, but without premeditation.

Comment

Guns should be legal for responsible people. The only way to weed out the irresponsible is through gun control. In Illinois, it's easier to get a firearms identification card (the only prerequisite for gun ownership) than it is to get a Blockbuster video card. I'm for a gun license program which would require taking numerous classes in firearms safety as well as requiring the purchase of trigger locks. I also think some sort of "smart" gun would be wise. A gun that could only be used by the registered owner via some sort of fingerprint identification safety. I believe colt is working on such a device.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              Guns should be legal for responsible people. The only way to weed out the irresponsible is through gun control. In Illinois, it's easier to get a firearms identification card (the only prerequisite for gun ownership) than it is to get a Blockbuster video card. I'm for a gun license program which would require taking numerous classes in firearms safety as well as requiring the purchase of trigger locks. I also think some sort of "smart" gun would be wise. A gun that could only be used by the registered owner via some sort of fingerprint identification safety. I believe colt is working on such a device.
              How G*D D****D difficult could it be to get a Blockbuster video card in Illinois? Everytime I go in there they threaten to prevent me from leaving unless I agree to signing up for the card. I find that its easier to get out of the place if I break eye contact with the clerk as soon as my purchase is complete. I then put my head under my coat and proceed quickly and resolutely to the nearest exit. I take it then that the Illinois State Police are actually patrolling the roads looking for people who don't have gun licenses? Man, that really must cheese Mayor Dailey off to no end.

Comment

People who grew up with guns cannot imagine not having one. (How else am I going to defend myself ?)

People who grew up without guns cannot imagine ever needing one. (How is a gun going to protect me ?)

That is why they will never agree.
                veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
                  That would be a pump action Dave, bolt action is for rifles. What kind of a gun nut are you to make such a mistake?
                  Actually, I have a bolt-action shotgun. What kind of a Finn would make smart-assed remarks about things he doesn't understand?

Oh, yes, a normal one.
                  http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                  Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                  ------------------------
                  ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Well I just knew there had to be such a thing when I posted, what with Murphy's Law and all...

But it still wouldn't scare a criminal, hearing "click-clack-clack-clik", because he probably wouldn't know what it was.
                    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                    - Lone Star

Comment

For one, Dr, you need a credit card to get a blockbuster video card... that's one more requirement than a firearms id card. MD must stand for mentally deficient, right?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        For one, Dr, you need a credit card to get a blockbuster video card...
                        Not around here you don't. Maybe they just don't like your looks.

Comment

Working...
                        X