No announcement yet.

One of the most disturbing sites I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not like he told you your issue wasn't important. He was just going on a tangent.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

A tangent in which public nudity was equated to the fall of civilisation. I made the observation that I considered that to be ludicrous and in no way comparable to Anorexia deaths. There the debate on that issue ended.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's Bugs' natural reaction to puritanical modes of though wrt sexuality. Regard his new avatar and handle...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hi. I just moved in next door. Say- it's pretty hot. Can I take a shower here?

Comment

Right- back on topic. Should medical intervention be forced upon Anorexia sufferers? That site would appear to suggest not.

Comment

It depends; I think someone has a perfect right to starve themselves to death if they have a clear mind, are not delusional, and can follow a chain of logic (in other words, that they're aware of the consequences of their actions).
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                Right- back on topic. Should medical intervention be forced upon Anorexia sufferers? That site would appear to suggest not.
                Many are underage. Most if not all are somewhat deranged. They can be dying from malnutrition and still think they are overweight. So I would say medical intervention is warranted as anorexics are not trying to commit suicide but in fact are delusional.

Intentional suicide buy a rational person is their business. The catch is that most suicides involve someone that is not rational and is in need of help. When actor Richard Farnsworth committed suicide he was completly rational. He had done all he could in his life and he was tired of the pain from his terminal cancer. Intervention in that sort of case is realy hard to justify. Most cases the people can be helped and they won't want to commit suicide after their depression is treated. Again though anorexics are not trying to commit suicide they are doing it because of a delusion.

Comment

threadjacker extraordinaire for just a few secs.

Sava,

if you're talking about the muslims of the ottoman empire invading and capturing the Balkans, that's one thing. Sure it was bad and all that but more than a century has passed since Serbia and Greece (and others) liberated themselves.

If you're talking about the mujahedin and OBL in modern day Bosnia and the albanian cutthroats blowing up and terrorizing Serbs that's fine too.

But this is the reason some Serbs do not like muslims as well as that these cutthroats with the help of NATO split up their country.

But the average Serb does not hate muslims. Not the muslim wife or her child that live in Serbia. Actually these people are completely "europeanized".

Of course after all this has happened to Serbia there is dislike for Albanians all over the Balkans. But the average Serb did not hate the muslim families that lived in their lands.

Some other people did though... and it happened what it happened.

But muslims living in Yugoslavia were not hated. Actually there were intra marriages, kids were going to school without knowing if one was orthodox or catholic or muslim etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    www.rotten.com is a pretty disturbing site too
                    Yuck! I went to that link and I must say the "Blonde on a slab" was especially gross.
                    Last edited by Dinner; August 4, 2002, 07:17.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

As long as we're on the topic of muslims I'd like to say I looked at that Fundie sit and it was disturbing. There were links and discussions about killing Jews, burning hindus alive, and urging that the faithful should blow themselves up to destroy Allah's enemies. This isn't religion; it is FACISM! If this is Islam then it should be stamped out and if it is not Islam then why aren't Muslim leaders speaking out about it?

On the contrary the leaders of Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq subsidize these sorts of activities plus give them offical sanction and actually promote this hate. Tell me again why we shouldn't turn these countries into a giant radioactive parking lot?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Because we are not monsters. We are better than those who cultivate violent hatred.

At least, that's the theory. So we have to walk it like we talk it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                          Because we are not monsters.
                          You know, this is like sooo funny from a guy whose handle is Ron Jeremy.
                          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                          X