Country Quiz II - Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Country Quiz II - Sweden

1) Queen Christina of Sweden, daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, resigned her crown and left the country in 1654. Why?

she fell desperately in love with a passionate latino?

2) Can you name three evil capitalist multinational corporations that originated in Sweden?

ericsson
    telia?? or is it telenor???
    volvo

3) Which swedish prime minister was assassinated in 1986, a crime that still hasn't been solved?

wow

4) In which year did Sweden last host the Olympic games?

you did? thats great, not only dont i know the answers i dont know the questi0ns as well

5) What war did Sweden last openly participate in?

ww1?

6) The swedish forest contains four large predatorial animals. Can you name three of them?

lions
    boas
    and deers on crack

7) What activity not usually associated with cities is not only possible but very viable to do off Stockholm's bridges?

jump to the sea (its clean)
    or budgy jumping

8) Can you name one Swedish island?

nope

9) Name three famous swedish bands/artists

cardigans
    ace of base
    and ABBA

10) Name three famous swedish actors (you can´t mention the ones below)

then i wont!

11) She was known as Greta Gustafsson when she did movies with Mauritz Stiller in the 1920s. She then moved to Hollywood and changed her name. Who is she?

madona?

12) Another famous swedish actress married an equally famous italian director in 1950. What´s her name?

hmmm

13) They had a daughter who also became famous and was married to Martin Scorsese between 1979 and 1983. What´s her name?

ah damn it i knew that one! (not really)

14) He was the Secretary-General of UN between 1953-1961 and the only Secretary General that have been killed during his term of office.

yes

15) This high ranking nazi had strong ties to Sweden and was married to a swedish woman. The name, bitte.

???

16) How many swedes are at the moment playing in the NHL? (gold star if you know which ones and what team the play in)

???

17) Name three other athlets (no hockey players)

???

18) Sweden was never much of a imperialist nation, but it had three small colonies in the 17th and 18th centurys. Where?

denmark finland and norway

19) Which of these inventions are NOT swedish?

Ship propeller, dynamite, monkey wrench, AXE telephone system and computer mouse.

dynamite

20) What´s the name of Swedens only astronaut?

swedonauts?

Comment

Re: Re: Country Quiz II - Sweden

Originally posted by paiktis22

6) The swedish forest contains four large predatorial animals. Can you name three of them?

lions
      boas
      and deers on crack
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I liked "budgy jumping" myself.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Re: Country Quiz II - Sweden

2) Ikea, Saab, Ericsson

3) Olof Palme

4) ?

5) Napoleonic Wars?

6) lynx, bear, wolf

7) What activity not usually associated with cities is not only possible but very viable to do off Stockholm's bridges?

8) gotland, oland, aland...

9) ABBA, Roxette, Ace of Base

10) ?

11) ?

12) Ingrid Berman

13) Isabella Rosselini

14) ?

15) ?.

16) 18?

17)

18) Caribbean, North America and ?

19)
          Ship propeller (Austrian Invention), monkey wrench
          20) ?
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Forgot that one...

Comment

*swedish bump*

Comment

Some answers...

1) Queen Christina of Sweden, daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, resigned her crown and left the country in 1654. Why?

She converted to catholicism.

2) Can you name three evil capitalist multinational corporations that originated in Sweden?

Volvo, SAAB, ABB, Ericson, SKF, IKEA, Husqvarna, etc.

3) Which swedish prime minister was assassinated in 1986, a crime that still hasn't been solved?

Olof Palme And, yes Snappy is related to him

1956, as aaglo pointed out.

5) What war did Sweden last openly participate in?

This was neither the war 1809 or the napoleonic wars. But the war with Norway in 1814. After the peace negotiations in Kiel 1814 Norway refused to become a part of Sweden and declared independence. The swedish supreme commander and king to be Karl Johan was forced to send troops to Norway to convince them of the error of their ways...

Bear, Wolf, Wolverine, Lynx (Predatory birds don´t really count)

Fishing

8) Can you name one Swedish island?

Öland, Gotland, etc.

9) Name three famous swedish bands/artists

Every band mentioned except Aha (who are norwegian).

10) Name three famous swedish actors (you can´t mention the ones below)

[b]Tuva Novotny, Stellan Skarsgård, Peter Stormare, Max von Sydow, Dolph Lundgren,

Ingmar Bergman is not an actor, but a director. Jörn Donner is not swedish (besides he´s more of a producer/writer/director anyway...). Ursula Andress is swiss

11) She was known as Greta Gustafsson when she did movies with Mauritz Stiller in the 1920s. She then moved to Hollywood and changed her name. Who is she?

Greta Garbo

12) Another famous swedish actress married an equally famous italian director in 1950. What´s her name?

Ingrid Bergman

13) They had a daughter who also became famous and was married to Martin Scorsese between 1979 and 1983. What´s her name?

Isabella Rosselini

14) He was the Secretary-General of UN between 1953-1961 and the only Secretary General that have been killed during his term of office.

Dag Hammarskjöld

15) This high ranking nazi had strong ties to Sweden and was married to a swedish woman. The name, bitte.

Hermann Göring

16) How many swedes are at the moment playing in the NHL? (gold star if you know which ones and what team the play in)

I discovered that my source on this was a tad old, so I can´t give an exact number. Sorry...

17) Name three other athlets (no hockey players)

Björn Borg, Jan Boklöv, Henrik Larsson, Pascal Simpson, Marcus Hedman, Freddie Ljungberg, Mats Wilander, Patric Sjöberg, Anders Gärderud, Gunde Svan, etc...

18) Sweden was never much of a imperialist nation, but it had three small colonies in the 17th and 18th centurys. Where?

Nya Sverige in North America (Delaware), Cabo Corso in Africa (present day Ghana) and St Bartelemy in the Carribean.

Ship propeller, dynamite, monkey wrench, AXE telephone system and computer mouse.

As Kass points out none

# The ship propeller was invented by John Ericsson in 1837 ( who also built the Monitor ironclad)
                # The dynamite was invented by Alfred Nobel in 1865
                # The monkey wrench was invented by Johan Petter Johannson in 1892
                # The AXE system was invented by Bengt Gunnar Magnusson and Göran Hemdal in 1970
                # The computer mouse was in a way invented by Håkan Lans in the late 60´s. Many claim that they invented the computer mouse but Lants mouse was the first mouse that worked.

Christer Fuglesang.

And the ranking:

1) aaglo 20 points
                2) SpencerH 17 points
                2) Gangerolf 17 points
                4) Ade 15 points
                4) VernazumaIII 15 points
                6) Mobius 14 points
                7) Kassiopeia 12 points
                8) Ecthelion 11 points
                9) Paiktis22 5 points
                9) Immortal Wombat 5 points

Maximum points available: 32

Conratulations aaglo. Here´s your avatar:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X

1956, as aaglo pointed out.
                  What tabout the Winter Olympics, they are Olympics games too! :whine:

Jörn Donner is not swedish (besides he´s more of a producer/writer/director anyway...).
                  D'oh! He's Finnish.

As Kass points out none
                  Ha! Logic rules! (nationalistic *****)

Christer Fuglesang.
                  As in "bird's song"? A good name for an astronaut. I recall a PKD book with a guy called Vogelsang.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hehe, Fuglesang... Somehow this reminds me of Skiigge Böy...
                    You make my life and times
                    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

What tabout the Winter Olympics, they are Olympics games too! :whine:
                      Sweden´s never arranged Winter Olympics Norway´s arranged it twice however; 1952 in Oslo and 1994 in Lillehammer.

D'oh! He's Finnish.
                      Yes, I know...

Ha! Logic rules! (nationalistic *****)
                      I´m just pointing out Swedish ingenuity...

As in "bird's song"? A good name for an astronaut. I recall a PKD book with a guy called Vogelsang.
                      Yep, it´s bird´s song... But there are no birds in space you know...

Comment

I've played beer games with Fuglesang!
                        The difference between industrial society and information society:
                        In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                        In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Comment

I was quite good

Comment

Compared with IW and Paiktis that is...

When will you make a german quiz I can flunk in?

Comment

when I can get arsed

in the meantime, tell me how I can look at that pic of AH, finbar and MOBIUS

Comment

Working...
                                X