No announcement yet.

A Desktop Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just what are you hiding behind that DOS window, Ignorance? Hmm?
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

That's no DOS window.
      But, anyway, nothing:
      Attached Files
      "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

I can't see why people would have so many icons on their desktop when you can hide them perfectly in a sidebar.

Comment

When I slide my mouse to the top of my screen, my sidebar opens and I have access to hundreds of icons...

icons on the desktop are disturbing and ugly.

my background image is nice.

Comment

Zopperoni, do you play WarCraft 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
              I'll have nightmares about your desktop Ignorance.
              Originally posted by Kublai-Khan
              Ignorance, your desktop is atrocious!
              Enough, enough. You're making me blush
              I haven't met anyone yet, who would have liked my desktop.
              But hey, works for me

My X-desktop on my unix machines seems to be even more hated. It actually drives people crazy. People can't seem to grasp the context of windows without side or bottom borders with black background on black desktop background.
              "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Nothing special. Windows 2000 Professional is the OS I am using...
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

What the hell...
                  Attached Files
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Hm. I can't find an equivalent for <pre></pre> in vB code and using the HTML tags doesn't seem to work, so I'll just post a link to a "screenshot" of what my terminal currently looks like... Colours and fonts aren't copied over, but at least you'll get the general idea: http://www.lyseo.edu.ouka.fi/~lighten/desktop.html
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

browsing with lynx, huh?

Comment

Ah Tropico, popular among South Americans? Feeling familiar with all the little guys when playing?

Must be fun to watch a satire of your own culture, also for listeningto accents. But then, I found it harder to understand Dr Strangelove when I watched the same movie than to understand the Russian ambassador

...just on a sidenote

Comment

"Keep it simple" is the slogan for my desktop.

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                            "Keep it simple" is the slogan for my desktop.

Can't get more simple than a white box with a red 'x' in it...

EDIT: He fixed it!

Comment

Are you trying to say that your overloaded desktop is simple? I just compared mine to your and Fez's.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                                Are you trying to say that your overloaded desktop is simple? I just compared mine to your and Fez's.
                                Nope, for some reason when I first looked at your post I got the error image icon - it was a poor attempt at humour on my part that backfired...

Overloaded is as overloaded does...

EDIT: Typos galore! Well past my bedtime...

Comment

Working...
                                X