Best US allies in the war against terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH
    In my experience the Aussie soldiers cause more trouble in peace time than anything else, that doesnt mean that I wouldnt be happy if they were around when the $hits flying.
    Well you know we do our best

But your comments reminds me of a scene from Billy Bathgate. One mobster shoots every bullet at the heart of the target with a carefully aimed accurate shot. The other mobster just blazes away with a gun in both hands and obliterates the target. The Boss then asks the boy, which guy would you rather have on your side in a gunfight?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I was gonna say that I think its the one-sided hats that are too tight (and cause a lack of blood circulatio to the brain), but the last $hit-disturbing aussies I met were MP sergeants in Cyprus and they were (occasionally) wearing the "happy blue-bonnets" of the UN !
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I remember a warrant officer, master sergeant in your system, telling me that in Vietnam when his battalion returned to base from ops they would have a BBQ the next day which was basically an excuse for fist fighting.

The convention was the officers left early and then the NCO's supervised the fights. The idea was the soldiers got any b*tches out of their system and settled any differences with their fists at the BBQ - including with the NCO's if they wished. There were heavy punishments for anyone who carried on a grudge after the BBQ. Everyone was supposed to be friends again the following day.

This is a variation on the longstanding Australian tradition of beating up the nearest allied unit, hopefully a British one.

A friend of mine's company got banned from an exercise in Malaysia recently because every time they took a Malaysian position his soldiers would punch and kick the Malay soldiers as they fought through. Ah well

But you want your soldiers to have a bit of mongrel in them.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          The Aussies won their battles in Vietnam, it was the Yanks who lost that one.
          Please, the U.S. army won every battle it ever fought against the NVA.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin is right- we gave 'em hell.

Of course, politicians brought us there, then made us have to leave.

As for who is to blame for terrorism, I say blame the Costa Ricans.

Why? Do you know a costa rican? Can you find it on the map? Furthermore, they have no army, so we wouldn't have to kill anybody. We'd just march right in. The costa rican economy would boom selling tacos and beer to the troops, and everyone would be happy.
            http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
            Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
            ------------------------
            ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Working...
            X