Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are Geeks Either Really Skinny Or Completely Obese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are Geeks Either Really Skinny Or Completely Obese?

Whenever we do one of those height/weight thingies, it shows that only around 10% of posters here are around average weight for their height, and those 10% tend to be posters who don't play much Civ or who don't consider Apolyton the most important thing in their lives right now.

Discuss.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

I'm just about average weight for my height. (72 kilos, 1.80m) and I (used to) play a lot of civ...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hate to agree with you but I'm average weight for my height and I don't play much Civ and Apolyton is somewhere to go when I'm really bored at work.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Well, same here...
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

..and the mis-shaped 90% also tend to be people who think it's cool to have odd sleeping patterns.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Probably because there is more time spend at computer/internet/tv/console than doing sports!?
            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Overall, though, the point is valid. You should have seen my physics classes...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The answer is simple. Either they just stay at home in front of their pc/console/tv(whatever they fancy) and starve - hence they're skinny - or they just stay at home in front of their pc/console/tv(whatever they fancy) and have a big bowl of Doritos by their side all the time - hence they grow obese.
                Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Funny you should bring this up. In Boddington's last anti-flab jihad he mentioned he was in the upper section of the "normal" weight grouping for his height.

Then a few days ago he mentioned he'd put on weight in the last 6 months.

Hello Mr Chubber.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Oh no! It's Tubbyland!
                      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

So does this mean that civ alters your physical appearence?

Hmmm, me being 180 cm and about 90 kg: yep, there is some extra around my waist, but I wouldn't say I'm fat. I excersice every day (about 30 km = 20 miles bicycling) to keep in shape.
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

why do you start each word in your title with a capital letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                            Funny you should bring this up. In Boddington's last anti-flab jihad he mentioned he was in the upper section of the "normal" weight grouping for his height.

Then a few days ago he mentioned he'd put on weight in the last 6 months.

Hello Mr Chubber.
                            So which category of the two listed do you fit in?
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well, if you have to be really fat or really skinny to bea geek, then I'm safe

Comment

Working...
                              X