Greatest empires of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest empires of all time

What do you think was the greatest empire of all time (please drop patriotism here and tell your opinion based on size, strenght, loyality, ect.)
    England
    20.29%
    Spain
    2.17%
    Germany
    2.17%
    Russian Empire/Soviet Union
    4.35%
    Roman Empire/Italy
    23.91%
    Japanese Empire
    0.72%
    France
    0.72%
    Greece
    2.17%
    Mongol Empire
    7.97%
    United States of America
    13.04%
    Ottoman Empire
    0.72%
    Lithuanian Great Duchment
    1.45%
    Zululand
    1.45%
    Aztec Empire
    0.72%
    Mayan Empire
    1.45%
    Korea
    0.00%
    India
    0.72%
    China
    10.87%
    Messopotamia
    0.72%
    Persia
    0.72%
    The Netherlands
    0.72%
    Egypt
    1.45%
    Arab Kalifat
    0.72%
    Portugal
    0.72%

the Netherlands
    why?
    the main territory is nothing compared to England, or Spain, yet they where there direct rivals in the 16-1700s. They pretty much accomplishd all that through trade alone, that was also their vulnerability though
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

England? Oh you mean the BRITISH empire ruled from England by monarchs decended from Scots do you? I see.
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

England. For a country so small they massed a huge empire. Even America, Australia, Canada and India were former colonies. Plus, pretty much everyone speaks English, at least as a second language

Comment

Plus, pretty much everyone speaks English, at least as a second language

but that's because of the Americans.
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I think everyone spoke english before america became a superpower.

Comment

Greater Finland, once it's established and our plan for worldwide dom... - estical peace is complete.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by frostycreep
                I think everyone spoke english before america became a superpower.
                No, the lingua franca was (un-suprisingly) French.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, the lingua franca was (un-suprisingly) French
                  Thats because France was the European superpower for a lot longer than most imagine. French men were everywhere in the olden days, it must have been terrible.

I vote for the Timurid Empire --Long live Tamberlane, and the Empire as stable as Win 95, or blamange.
                  Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Basicly people learn whatever language they think will help them score.

Nowadays because English allows them to go to Hollywood and understand all the American films ( consequently appearing to be cultured ) they learn that.

In the old days it was French. 'Nuff said.

BTW - Please people, it's the BRITISH Empire, not England. England was never any bigger than it is. It didn't magically grow.
                    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Re: Greatest empires of all time

Originally posted by Sonic
                      What do you think was the greatest empire of all time (please drop patriotism here and tell your opinion based on size, strenght, loyality, ect.)
                      All patriotism aside.....

It has to be the Russian/Soviet Empire!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Egypt is the greatest of all time, its been around longer then all the other empires combined. A empires greatness is usually defined by how long it existed and how big it was.. The second greatest would have to have been rome...
                        Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                        and kill them!

Comment

Yeah. You, Lithuanians, complain that You are so poor that we just say "Poland" instead of "Poland-Lithuania"
                          and now...
                          pathethic.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

And anyway there's no clear continuity between Egyptian empires of ancient and medieval times,
                            It shouldn't be England but Britain or England/Britain,
                            Italy? Don't make me laugh. True descendant of Romans aren't Italians but Byzantines and anyway...
                            Greece was never a big empire. Unless You count Macedonian or Byzantine Empire, which I find wrong.
                            Zululand? Korea?
                            Why ABBASID caliphate?
                            Which Persia? What Mesopotamian culture?
                            Middle East!

Comment

"but that's because of the Americans.

But USA is just a rebelled British province!
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X