Moral values of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral values of Apolyton

This week, a survey was published here in Denmark on contemporary values and moral standards. Surprisingly to some, it showed stong discrepancy between people from different parts of the country. Not just fluctuations, but real indications that people from e.g. Jutland found it far, far less acceptable for instance to tell a lie than did people from Copenhagen. Most interesting.

Anyway, it gave me the idea to survey how we here at Apolyton view some select actions and manners of conduct. No doubt there'll be differences as to people's background, location etc., but that's as may be. Can't work that into the poll.

For now, let's see how Apolyton as a whole looks on moral issues as picked by me, in my notorious omniscience. If you find you can't answer because you don't find yourself to be in the situation you're asked about, please imagine that you were and answer accordingly - or answer on the basis of what you think would be okay for other people in that situation.

Wow. All good.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I wish you wouldn't post polls like this.

Reading all the things that I have done makes me a little or should that be
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

A couple of those options are not so obvious.... but great poll anyway.
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

All of them - except smoking tabacco - YUK.
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

'Drive while under the influence of alcohol, marihuana or drugs'

Gets the least so far...
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

apolytoners have no morals, look at the crap banners they like
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Hmmmm,

Well, I voted 'yes' for all the things that I have done and (supposedly) know better.

Other's I voted 'yes' because of extrenuating cirumstances that may warrant these mores (pronounced moh-rays) to be broken.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

the revenge of the kitten

Comment

"kill another person, not in self defence"; currently 7 'votes'? Hmmm, are soldiers killing 'not in self defence'? If so, count +1 vote for this category...
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

WTF is immoral in having an organ transplant?
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Some people think it's unethical.

Comment

messing with nature

(instead of just dieying)

Comment

Including myself, I might add.

Comment

winston, you think that transplants are unethical?!

Comment

Working...
                              X