Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaration of Independence unconstitutional

By William Marshall:

Based on the recent ruling of the Federal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Declaration of Independence, signed July 4, 1776, is Unconstitutional, even though it is the very foundation document on which the United States exists. You see, the Declaration of Independence refers to God in the most respectful terms, without doubt declaring this new nation to have emerged under the authority and entitlement of none other than God. I quote various sections of the document.
    "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them..."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,..."

"We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, ..."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

No matter what sentimental value we may place upon it, we must recognize that the Declaration of Independence contains grossly offensive language and is in clear, self-evident violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution which reads in part:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Of course, the Declaration does not "establish" or recognize any sectarian religion in particular (which considerable evidence shows is what the framers of the First Amendment meant), but it obviously shows religious overtones even when the author, in a rather sneaky way, tried to hide his religious references by using alternate words to refer to God. It certainly meets the 9th Circuit's test of the "endorsement of religion," as did the phrase "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance which the Court found to be equivalent to "establishment."

No right-thinking American should tolerate the inclusion of these words on public display, and in no case should they ever be allowed to be uttered in any public forum or government subsidized school. Every day that facsimilies of this document are allowed to be displayed or read in state institutions increases the chances that someone may be offended. Displays of the "Declaration" should be removed from all public buildings. Indeed, the document must be abolished or amended to erase any religious implications if we are to be the nation that the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals wants us to be.

----------------------------------

I think Mr Marshall is being sarcastic, or is their truth in what he said?

The Declaration of Independence is not recited every morning by millions of kids.

More importantly, Lincoln, you should note that the constitution does not mention God anywhere.

The declaration was proclaiming their beliefs... not setting a precedence for others to follow. They believed in God. Some don't. "Under God" was a cold war addition added to prove to the commies that America was more moral. It doesn't belong in the pledge. Just take it out and stop being selfish Lincoln.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It was unconstitutional at the time, you bloody rebels.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Does Lincoln really live under a bridge?
        "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
        - Lone Star

Comment

The Declaration of Independence is a historical document. It isn't law. It can be included in school as history, just as the crusades, reformation, or any other religious event/person/item with historical significance.

Comment

cross post

Comment

A humble troll, working to get ahead in life.

I wonder how troll executives like Horsey live...

Edit: hey, don't crossedit Lincoln!
              "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
              - Lone Star

Comment

This is the best way I know of to celebrate the 4th of July until 1 o'clock when we get to eat.

Comment

Sorry I said "not anymore" in case anyone was wondering.

Comment

You must learn more from Horsie, Lincoln. Recent stuff is weak.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Since this country obviously needs to be reminded that freedom of religion also includes freedom from religion, I propose changing "under god" to "embracing tolerance of belief"...

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America; and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, embracing tolerance of belief, with liberty and justice for all.

Sounds much better doesn't it?
                      But I have a feeling opponents of my suggetion will still be too selfish to change it.

visit the other thread to talk about this...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"embracing tolerance of belief"...

That's too long. You need to try something shorter. Like maybe "one nation without God" or something like that.

Comment

Or better yet, get rid of the pledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln
                            "embracing tolerance of belief"...

That's too long. You need to try something shorter. Like maybe "one nation without God" or something like that.
                            Man, you are such a selfish troll it isn't funny... seriously... you are intolerant of the beliefs of others, you are a hypocrit, and you are wrong.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Do remember, most of the US Founding Fathers were Deists
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X