X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl gang raped by order of council!

Your not going to believe this:

Girl Ordered Gang-Raped in Pakistan

MULTAN, Pakistan (AP) - A Pakistani tribal council ordered an 18-year-old girl to be gang-raped in order to punish her family after her brother was seen walking with a girl from a higher class tribe, police said Tuesday.

The private Human Rights Commission of Pakistan demanded that all those involved in the rape, which took place June 22 in the village of Meerwala in southern Punjab province, be punished.

Police said the victim's father had filed criminal charges against the four men involved in the case. Police said they picked up eight relatives of the suspects to pressure the perpetrators into surrendering.

"We will spare no efforts to do justice" for the victim, police official Malik Saeed said.

According to the victim, the Mastoi tribe demanded punishment after her 11-year-old brother was seen walking unchaperoned with a Mastoi girl in a deserted part of the village. The boy and his sister are from the lower class Gujar tribe.

The Mastoi tribe called a meeting of the tribal council, which ordered the girl to be raped to avenge their tribal honor. The teen-ager said she was taken to a hut and assaulted as hundreds of Mastois stood outside laughing and cheering.

Pakistan has a tradition of tribal justice in which crimes or affronts to dignity are punished outside the framework of Pakistani law. The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan has demanded an end to punishments by tribal councils.

Kamla Hayyat, of the commission, said the group will send a fact-finding mission to the victim's village to determine what happened and provide help to her.

"The increasing incidents of terrible atrocities against women are a terrible reflection on the state of society and the status of women within it," commission chairman Afrasiab Khattak said in a statement.

Last month, an Islamic court overturned the conviction of a woman who was to be stoned to death for adultery. Zufran Bibi, 28, said she was raped and appealed her early May conviction in the conservative North West Frontier Province.

Her case prompted demonstrations and protests by hundreds of civil and women's-rights groups nationwide.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

wow. talk about creative setencing...

appauled i am.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

hey don't say anything bad about our allies!!

Comment

I'm not going to even say it.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

what will it take to bring these countries into the 21st century?

while women get gang raped in the U.S. at least it isn't sanctioned by any form of goverment whatsoever.

Terrible tragedy indeed. But I can't see a way of forcing these people to become semi-civilized. They have to want to be civilized and believe it is a better way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            hey don't say anything bad about our allies!!

hey, only the guy in charge is our ally. this gang-raping murderous tribes bullocks is not an ally
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

This part's pretty good too:

Police said they picked up eight relatives of the suspects to pressure the perpetrators into surrendering.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

@ KH

Wonder if they will threaten their relatives with gang rape until they surrender...
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Well, is this any worse than when we send somebody to the penn?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Maybe not, but at least it isn't a State ordered sentence.
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Maybe not, but at least it isn't a State ordered sentence.
                      Erm... niether was this - it was a tribal council, not a government court.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yes, it is.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

es it is because this is against an inocent

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            es it is because this is against an inocent

Jon Miller
                            exactly. her brother comitted the "crime", if you could call it that.

Comment

and her brother was a kid after all. I know kids must obey the rules too, but they don't know better. Kids are just plain dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X