Euro vs Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro vs Dollar

Seems the world is losing faith in the USA when it comes to stocks and bonds, and is flocking en masse to Europe. And Europe isn't exactly doing too well itself either. What is the reason for all this.

For those who don't believe it is happening, should look at the recent Euro/Dollar currency rates.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

EU isn't the main target for the terrorists
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

European beers are far better :
      Zobo Ze Warrior
      --
      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

"EU is just boosting because US$ sucks people who think €uro is better
        know nothing about economics; US is far better in the long range
        Europeans know nothing about economics blah blah blah..."

Waiting for rant.

Comment

Yes but US don't know anything about good beers ...
          Zobo Ze Warrior
          --
          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

"What is the reason for all this."

The US needs to attract roughly 450 billion $ in net investment per year to fund the current account deficit. They attract 600 billion, $ rises. They attract 300 billion $, dollar drops. They see net outflows, the dollar is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior
              European beers are far better :
              That is probably the best piece of FX research I've ever seen
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

It's also probably the only one that makes remotely sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
                  EU isn't the main target for the terrorists
                  Britain might be.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

oh c'mon who's interested in britain
                    it's paradise for immigrants together with belgium
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Considering the Euro is still not equal to 1 dollar, I think its a little early to start arranging the Dollars funeral. Counties don't suddenly in 1 week fall from grace (not without a major catastrophy anyway) .. it happens over decades, the Euro may take over eventually .. but I believe in 20-30 years time, we will be looking at monetry union between N.America and Europe anyway .. at least, some form of exchange rate mechanism, which holds the values between 2 points.

I think its one of those temperary glitches, The US has had some bad news recently, what with 11.09, and Enron/WorldCom, and also a general feeling that it is becoming more isolationist again (although I don't think that is the case in reality).

Anyway, €-$ should stand at parity at the moment, anything either way is simply markets being markets. lets see in 5-10 years time.
                      "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

I know. All the terrorists have to do is sneak into some lorry and they'll be here.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"Considering the Euro is still not equal to 1 dollar"

How is the parity level relevant, apart from a little psychology ?

Comment

It was its original setting .. it was left to float (currency free) on the markets where it devalued to about 90cents .. since the currency is now a real thing, it has regained its value . Makes sence to use the dollar as a benchmark .. also stops all the Euro nations squabling over which currency should be the base mark.
                            "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

It started out at 1.18 or so. And there is no need for a "base mark".

Comment

Working...
                              X