EU Hypocrisy - Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither

So how were the Ruandese on Belgian soil?
    They were living here dumbass.

The ruling deals a major blow to Belgium's law giving the country's courts the right to try foreigners for serious human rights abuses wherever they are committed.
    The genocide law specifies that the defendant has to be Belgian soil. What did the journalist expect? That the court would ignore what the law specifies?
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

His political career was finished until the darling of the EU, Arafat, started a war he could never hope to win.
      'Yes Officer, he started the fight when he hit me back'
      Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Saint Marcus, I did not understand that responsible parties are under criminal investigation in Holland. If this is the case, I guess the troll was misguided.
        Damn right it was.

And they are under investigation. A Parliamentarian Enquiry is being set up, following the recently released NIOD report.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

Damn right it was.

And they are under investigation. A Parliamentarian Enquiry is being set up, following the recently released NIOD report.
          Do you think Holland will compensate the victims families?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc

His political career was finished until the darling of the EU, Arafat, started a war he could never hope to win.
            Acutually, while Sharon was kicked out of Defense minister, he remained a minister wihtout portfolio in the Begin government, then went on to be a minister in the Shamir government, where he was minister of agriculure and had various other jobs, all during which he did as much as anone to expand settlements, an set up the current ocupation regime. He was out of a job when Rabin and Peres were in Power but came right back with netanyahu. Thus, Sharon has been continually in israeli politics, and in the Israeli government ever since his (according to the Israeli govenment) indirect resposibility in a massacre in which (accroding to the ICRC) at least 1500 people, not 800, died. Also not mentioned is that Raphael Eitan, Commader of the IDF back in 1982 who once called Palestinians 'drugged out cockoroaches' is now in the Sharon Cabint. Today,in no western democracy would many politicians implicated directly in the massacres of many civilians continue to stay in politics and reach top positions. Heck, if they ever made a derogatory remark in public even close to what these men have said (Sharon called Israeli Arabs, 17% of Israel's citizen, the same percentage as African Americans, a 'cancer', Begin called Palestinians 'two legged beasts') people would want their heads.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              Today,in no western democracy would many politicians implicated directly in the massacres of many civilians continue to stay in politics and reach top positions. Heck, if they ever made a derogatory remark in public even close to what these men have said .
              ...Berlusconi, if you want to call Italy a western democracy that is, I guess he's doing his best to stop that...

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

...Berlusconi, if you want to call Italy a western democracy that is, I guess he's doing his best to stop that...
                What was the quote?
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

oh well he has made several, iirc one was that Islamic countries are of a inferior culture...

Comment

Do you think Holland will compensate the victims families?
                    That's anyone's guess, but it is likely something along those lines will happen.
                    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Marcus

That's anyone's guess, but it is likely something along those lines will happen.
                      Good.

It turns out the Dutch are rather decent folks. My regrets and apology.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                      X