Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Americans: where do your ancestors come from

Originally posted by orange
    I specify Americans only becuase the majority of Europeans trace their family lines to the same nation and even the same area of the nation that they live in now...
    Sorry orange to stick in, but my mother's family has not italian origins... we came from Catalunya, Spain. But we're of french origins. Foix, VIII century. A notorious and noble family.

My father's family got genoese origin... they were feudal officers of the famous Malaspina family in XII century Sardinia.
    Last edited by Prometeus; June 24, 2002, 06:51.
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      My mom's first ancestor in America came on the Mayflower, Mr. Miles Standish.
      Is that a kind of American nobility?

Comment

You Americans really are a mixed bunch huh. In fact, I'm wondering if an American that is one-hundred per-cent anything can really be considered to be a real American! (I kid)

Mongrols the lot of ya... and the superpower to boot
        Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Canadian

French 100% on both sides.

On my mother's side we actually traced the family history, back to the first immigrant in "Nouvelle France" in 1654, just a few weeks ago. Originally he was from Normandie.

On my father's side, we don't have as many details. We just know that the name originates in Bretagne.
          What?

Comment

25 % Serb
            25 % Croat
            25 % Macedon
            25 % Slovak

That was easy
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Hand's are of Irish/Scot ancestory.
              The first Hand born in the States was in Virginia, in 1796.
              The family kept moving west; going to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, then Texas.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                25 % Serb
                25 % Croat
                25 % Macedon
                25 % Slovak

That was easy
                so 75 % yugoslav, 25 % slovak?

Comment

My family roots are...

On my father's side, Scottish.

On my mother's side, Greek and Nova Scotian.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Mother's side: half french, half danish.

Father's side: french.

There's a bit more thrown in on both sides (there's an Irish great-great grandmother somewhere, and my green eyes certainly didn't come from either the Danes or the French), but that's about the gist of it. "French" includes French-Belgian.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      The Hand's are of Irish/Scot ancestory.
                      The first Hand born in the States was in Virginia, in 1796.
                      The family kept moving west; going to Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, then Texas.
                      One state too far Sloww.

Actually that is the exact route that my mom's family took except that most stopped in Arkansas.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

This thread was very timely. My cousin-in-law is researching.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Mainly poland and turkey.

Comment

Paternal Great-grandparents

They were styling.

Comment

1/2 England
                              1/4 Irish
                              1/4 French
                              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

1/2 Italian Mother's side.
                                1/4 German Father's father.
                                1/4 Irish Father's mother.

Rumor has it that Ming's the same.

RAH
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X