No announcement yet.

The British Lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put in the paperwork you might be able to emigrate to North America within the century. I'm pretty sure someone with a Masters in Biology (is that what you've completed so far?) wouldn't have much trouble at all getting in here.

But then again it's MIGHTY expensive to do a transatlantic hop.

So you're probably best off moving to a better region in the UK.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ever thought about doing a PostGrad elsewhere Rich? Somewhere/thing a bit more interesting?

Personally I've been looking here but I don't know if this is right for you.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I know a few people who went to Cranfield to do Astrophysics postgrads. Good uni but in the middle of nowhere, not much to do outside the uni.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Well that's alright for me...
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I suppose you're used to it.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

I want to earn a bit of money for a change and be able to afford a pot to piss in, so going back to university is not what I want to do; not at the moment anyway...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, biotech is in demand here in the colonies. You should think about becoming a Yank and getting some American corp to foot your bill. At least it isn't as grey and rainy here, prvodied you don't end up in the NorthWest.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I keep telling you, get a job in retail just to tide you over. It's great! ***** about customers behind their backs, the hardest thing you do is fold shorts, and you get FABULOUS discounts on merchandise.

Hell, one of the main reasons why I look at jobs right now is to see what discounts they offer. It's so easy to be stylin when you only pay £10 for an outfit.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    Of course, intended to imply that if he behaved like that I can't see why anyone would want to be friends with him for very long.
                    I used to like him once too.

Comment

Che is right- I think there is alot of demand for chemical-related jobs here, and if you have skills this country needs it is easier to emigrate.
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                      X