No announcement yet.

Swedish Commie-Feminist Poetry in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a feminist society power is shared by a new pluralism of identity groups, in a grand constitutional civic republican scheme where the plurality of opinions constantly provide fresh angles, fresh ideas to drive society forward. No one group is allowed to stifle all others, republican freedom is rigrously observed and the leading light that society strives for. A society where every identity group has freedom to help decide over society, and responsibility to see that no other group is quashed in the process. A society which constantly evolves through the changing groups thatr inhabit it and their changing, cross-influencing ideas. A society where difference, rather than uniformity, provides the basis for equality. I think that's a great ideal to be striving for.
    Oh dear, Snappy, now you've gone and set that violin section from Peter and the Wolf I always hear when reading something particularily utopian off. Tii tii ti di ti tii, ti di ti ti ti ti ti ti ti tii tii ti di ti tii, ti di ti ti ti tii!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

At least our ideals are somehow feasible.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Let me see if I can sum up and paraphrase that poem.

1- War isn't very nice.
        2- Civilians suffer in wars.
        3- The leaders who start the wars are almost always men.
        4- If women were in charge we probably wouldn't have so many wars.

...plus a bit of atmospheric guff.

Points 1-3 are pretty accurate. Anyone care to disagree?

Point 4? Trickier. Thatcher and Golda Meyer both lead nations into war, and Indira Ghandi was a hard-nut too. Then again, strife is pretty much expected for leaders of Israel and India, while I doubt that Thatcher was a woman at all. I think she was a wolverine with a perm.

Still, 3.5 out of 4 ain't bad, Moomin. Now kneel and splay for me.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
          Now kneel and splay for me.
          Geez, much as I would like to, eh, accomodate your request in a thread about feminism - queer theory is like in, right? - I'm afraid I've seen shots portraying your feminist part as somewhat too sizeable for comfort. Perhaps there are guys more experienced with parts of your PC calibre on these boards who could cater to your needs, Ronny?
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
          X