No announcement yet.

This is it, I am kicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SIZE=1] thats a good question. Do anti-depressants help with addiction? ****, that make you happy...even if you've got nothing to be happy for.
    Apparently, they don't help with depression, so why would they help with addiction?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      Blisterz;

You'll be in our thoughts.

If it's not to much trouble (I totally understand if you don't want to), but could you give a synopsis of how your heroin use began? You yourself could one day become the motivational speaker, helping others kick it as well.

My sister-in-law works with heroin addicts at a recovery clinic in MD. Says it's not for the faint of heart, especially for the "newbies."

Cheers and best wishes.

I don't have alot of time, but I will give you the short version of the story.

I was living with a close friend of mine (for the sake of the story we will call her sara), she was and addict and a few years older then me. She told me that if she ever caught me using she would kill me. She started hanging out with another guy in our apartment building all the time, and I was getting jellious that she was never spending any time with me (I was young). One of her friends one night asked me to borrow 20 bucks to pick up a point. I told him only if he hit me as well. He fliped and said Sara would kill him and he left. About 4 hours later sick as **** he came back to my room and said he would hit me as well. So to shorten the story, I did it, just so she would 1)feal guilty for leaving me alone all the time (I forgot to mention that I moved cities to live with her, so I didnt know anyone). 2) take me along as well when she was going off to get high.

Go ahead and laugh if you want, I know how stupid I was. I even laugh at the story.
      " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
      February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Yes, Valium can be good. Good luck, mate!

Well, it's Adavan <---- spelling? If you want to get technical
        My friends mom is one of those moms that is a walking pharmacy.
        She has one of the monday to sunday pill thingys, and the lid does not even come close to closing. She is one of the many 'legal' drug addicts. Hell, half the stuff she takes even scares me.
        " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

I don't really understand how the stars work, but this thread got 5 stars Whatever that means, I like it

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Ok, I am off to bed, tommorrow will be my first day without a hit for breakfest and methadone for lunch. The more I think about all the money I will save, the more I start to look around the room at all the shelf space I need to fill with fun toys (and time for a computer upgrade! ).

Later everyone and thanks for all the well wishing, I really need it.

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Not to get too doom-mongering, but watch the Valium. Some reckon they're harder to quit than heroin.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                Not to get too doom-mongering, but watch the Valium. Some reckon they're harder to quit than heroin.

Tis ok, I only have 5. just for the really rough days.

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Best of luck to you!

Comment

good luck..you can do it
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Good Luck. You have my sympathies not only in quitting but getting your life in order after you quit. Considering you might have to build a whole new circle of friends (perhaps not depending on your friends now)

About locking addicts up, it works in some cases. One of my friends was locked up in an asylum (treatment center) and managed to kick the habit. He went back a year later however.

You don't mind if I ask how you supported the habit? None of my friends (3 of them) who got really bad could hold down a job after a while.
                      Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Good luck Blisterz!
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It will be hard but stay strong. I know how hard it is, I've had someone in my family in treatment. You have to keep your faith and determination to come through it and see the light at the end of the tunel. Always focus on that

You can do it....you've already made one of the hardest steps. Admitting you need help is half the battle
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I am a free man! You know, that gets harder and harder the older I get (detoxxing that is). So I swear to/at anyone/anything that will listen that I will never end up down that road again. I am actuly thinking about putting myself into this 28 treatment program (you have to of been clean for a month before you can even step up an appointment (not that they would know, but I may as well be honest with myself/them).

Ok, well thanks for all the kind words befrore I left.

I think I will go camping today

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Originally posted by Blisterz
                              I am a free man! You know, that gets harder and harder the older I get (detoxxing that is). So I swear to/at anyone/anything that will listen that I will never end up down that road again. I am actuly thinking about putting myself into this 28 treatment program (you have to of been clean for a month before you can even step up an appointment (not that they would know, but I may as well be honest with myself/them).

Ok, well thanks for all the kind words befrore I left.

I think I will go camping today
                              Good idea. How long have you been clean for then?
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

A little over a week now. The chills and sweats just ended a day ot so ago, the vomiting and the ****s a few days before that. I kinda got off on a bad foot with a few of the night staff nurses so they were refusing to give me anything (clonadine is a blood presure med but it works wonders for commin' off junk) I am still having a really hard time sleeping (I have spent more of my adult life on heroin then off, so I guess thats should not come as a huge surprise).

I kinda need to change my evening play time enviroment though, almost all my friends are junkies, coke heads or speed freaks...
                                *SIGH* maybe its time for a move, i need to get some distance from vancouver. (if you know canada you will get that statment).

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Working...
                                X