What's the oldest thing you posess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
    Piece of sedimentary rock from central Oz dated at 1 billion years.

Any takers?
    My car is older for sure.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have some water. Its been around since this planet was formed.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

some maps from the 19th century.

maybe something even older than that, can't think of anything right now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
          My wife.
          Oh man. Way to live dangerously.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
            I have some water. Its been around since this planet was formed.
            Wait... haven't those hydrogen atoms in that water existed ever since the formation of the universe?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Some of them, kass.

But can you point out which ones?

As for human-made stuff - an actual German courier's leather document bag from WWI - a hand-me down from a relative.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia

Wait... haven't those hydrogen atoms in that water existed ever since the formation of the universe?
                Damn straight! Beat that you arseholes!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Some of them, kass.

But can you point out which ones?
                  Simple. I'll just ask the oldest ones to raise their hands.

(Enough of this ... )
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Hydrogen is not the oldest composite of the Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      Hydrogen is not the oldest composite of the Universe.
                      Youre just jealous of my water

Comment

Most of your water has been urinated by several million animals over the course of several hundred million years. I have no reason to be jealous.

Comment

a ring. family hairloom coming down from generations.

i resisted the urge to "acquire" a small colored stone that had been detached from an ancient "painting" which is made from very small colored stones (psifidoto) it was in a secluded small village. totally abandoned. it did not look 100% greek though. more of a greco-roman aesthetic.

Comment

ME! I have my grandmother's side board which is about 80 years old. We used to eat Sunday dinners at her house and we would put the food out on the side board.

I"m not sure about the age of the this we think it goes back to Louis the 15th. My mother while antique shopping in Germany found these two dueling pistols that were filthy. She bought them for $25.00. We took them to our local gun smith when we got back to have them cleaned up when we went to pick them up they were in the safe. He said that's the time period he believes there from. He had several people come by from the gun club to look at them and they all seemed to agree.
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Some other cool coins i've got:

I've got a few Vichy coins from WW2. These are neat, first of all they are made of tin or aluminim (someting light) because of rationing. Also it is neat to see how the Vichys changed Liberte, Egalite, and Fraternate to something more Fascist sounding.

I've got coins from Italy, Norway, France (1920, 1923, 1942, 1947), India (1985, 1965), Canada (1938), Turkey, Israel, Bahamas, West Germany (1950), Spain (1940, 1966), Hungary, Some Unidentified Arab Country (1960), San Marino, Bremuda, Greece (i think), Mexico, Netherlands, UK, and South Korea.

Anyone want to send me a coin from their country?
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

forgot to say that this psifidoto was in an ancient bath tab

think of a large pool with the psifidoto in the bottom of it. on opposite side theere were two small buildings that looked like twin temples.

pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                                X