Everybody list a band(s) you think everyone else should try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drain STH

Swedish all Female Metal Band--No longer together.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Lot's of good one's so for. I'll recommend:

Creedence Clearwater Revival

IMO, their best songs would be:
      Fortunate Son
      I Heard it Through the Grapevine
      Susie Q
      Lodi
      Effigy
      Bad Moon Rising

Hell, get 'em all.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

The Berlin Philharmonic. Now THAT'S quite a band!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Howie Day - awesome awesome music

Especially get Sorry so sorry
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
            Lot's of good one's so for. I'll recommend:

Creedence Clearwater Revival

IMO, their best songs would be:
            Fortunate Son
            I Heard it Through the Grapevine
            Susie Q
            Lodi
            Effigy
            Bad Moon Rising

Hell, get 'em all.
            You forgot my favorite, Born on the Bayou.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Eläkeläiset:

Humppalaki
              Humppa Nirvana
              Humppa
              Humppaa tai Kuole
              Dementikon Keppihumppa
              Elän Humpalla
              Hotelli Helpotus
              Humppaparatiis (may have misspelled that )
              Miksei täällä humppa soi?
              Dumkopf
              Humppasonni
              Jääkärinhumppa
              Jenkkaa, Polkkaa, Humppaa
              Komerotekno
              Kung Fu Fighting
              Soramonttuhumppa
              Humppaan

and so forth
              I heard a song called "Kiitokset Humpasta" from TV. Are they quitting?...

Comment

Everyone should give Oar a listen. Good band. Try "Crazy Game of Poker" or "Night Shift" first. I think that they are really great songs.
                "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Celtic Frost.

I doubt many will like them. They were only a mediocre death metal band. Actually they aren't really death metal. I'm not sure how you would classify them. But they have a different enough sound I recommend them. Although they put out one really bad album called cold lake which I definately don't recommend.

The cult: the older stuff. Although the new album has a couple of good songs, I still recommend the older stuff.

Iron Maiden old stuff: they are already well known. but oh well

Dark Angel: now this is some really heavy stuff. not for the faint of heart. They have a complex song structure which is refreshing in this genre. And they have lyrics up the yin yang. The lyrics aren't half bad either. Leave Scars and Time does not Heal are amazing masterpieces in the thrash metal/death metal genre.

Prong: I recommend prove you wrong and Cleansing: again this is heavy thrash metal stuff. Prove you wrong was a slight departure for their style. Of course Beg to differ was different from the new stuff as well

Sepultura: Arise, Chaos A.D. and Roots are a must. The earlier stuff is heavier and faster, but doesn't show off their heritage as much.

Comment

about my entries. If any music from the 80's or 90's disgusts you then you won't like those entries. I'm old what can I tell ya

I can get some songs lists later if anyone is interested in thrash metal in its heyday.

although maiden and cult aren't thrash metal. The cult is just a hard rock band from England. They sing about some cool stuff, have a nice guitar sound. Good lyrics.

And for Iron Maiden start with hallowed be thy name. If you don't like this song you are weird

The cult- she sells sanctuarary, spirtwalker, fire woman, ciao baby, sweet soul sister, wildflower, american horse, get these songs!!
                    Last edited by Dis; May 28, 2002, 04:09.

Comment

Also get cradle of filth hallowed be thy name and hell awaits. both are cover songs black metal style

Comment

a **** since someone mentioned Helloween I have to recommend them.

first off get twilight of the gods. amazing song. then try hallween, and future world. Also I'm alive and a little time. a tale that wasn't right is decent. In essence get the entire keeper of the seven keys album part I.

part II has a couple of good songs like save us, but the rest is average. Whatever you do stay away from their new stuff- they aren't metal anymore

also get ride the sky- freakin' amazing

Unfortunately I had a hard time finding good Helloween copies. My twilight of the gods copy is only 96 bits. It sounds like sh!t. I have a cassette of them, but I want to find good mp3 copies from them.
                        Last edited by Dis; May 28, 2002, 04:16.

Comment

Download The Crash songs to enjoy perfect pop music.

Start with Lauren Caught My Eye (which will be a universal hit someday), Star, Sugared, Fidelity. New York and continue from there. You shall not be disappointed.

Oh, and for short clips visit the discography section of my Crash site at http://thecrash.steelyscenery.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                            Drain STH

Swedish all Female Metal Band--No longer together.
                            Seen the drummer?

Comment

Metal church- speed metal. I recommend the Dark, battallians, highway star (cover), metal chuch (self-titled song), beyond the black, merciless onslaught (instrumental), ton of bricks, start the fire, watch the children pray, western alliance (I'm probably the only one who likes this one), and psycho

Metal church isn't for everyone, if you find his voice annoying you probably won't like them . They started to suck after their first two albums

OK now for Rammstein as has been mentioned earlier. genre? who the hell knows. german thrash metal. all lyrics sung in german although a few english versions are available though not as good. german just sounds evil

the entire album Sehnsucht (yes I had to copy and paste that to get the spelling right)

special mentions: spiel mit mir, Bestrafe mich, du hast, tier, engel, Sehnsucht, Klavier, Der Meister, prophetin der apokalypse (I think this is rammstein- actually I think the title is actually rammstein- hell if I know I can't understand it )
                              Last edited by Dis; May 28, 2002, 05:08.

Comment

Try (Ritchie Blackmoore's) Rainbow.

I liked Deep Purple a lot, but in fact the music by Ritchie Blackmoores later band turned out to be even better. In my favourite line up Ronnie James Dio is the lead singer (he succeeded Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath) and Cozy Powell is on drums of course.
                                Great melodical rock music.
                                "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X