A Tribute to the Persecuted White, Hetero, Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tingkai

Edit: The MIR rejected the idea that Hultgreen was given an easy ride during training.
    Could you cite the section that says this?

I find this illuminating:

"You won't find too many answers to the really hard questions in here:
    Was Hultgreen passed along before she was ready, in order to satisfy a
    politically mandated "quota"? No one knows for sure except her FRS
    instructors and LSOs and they're not really talking."

Actually this is not from a board member. (my bad) presumably it is from an aviator.

Comment

• X. Supervisory factor - FRS failed to disqualify MP for substandard
      performance. Rejected. MP successfully completed all phases of FRS training and met all qualifying standards. MP disqualified during first CQ attempt. Between Jun 92 to Sep 94 25 percent of CAT I pilots disqualified during initial CQ attempt. All qualified on subsequent attempts. MP qualified during second CQ attempt and was ranked number three of seven CAT I pilots in landing grades. FRS LSO stated mp was slightly above average and that MP ``should perform well in the fleet.''

FRS = Fleet Replacement Squadron
      MP = mission pilot (Hultgreen)
      CQ= carrier qualification
      I'm not sure what CAT I means.

Edit: also from the report

From Jun 92 to Sep 94, 69 pilots attempted CQ at VF-124. qualification results as follows: 51 pilots qualified during initial
      attempt, 17 pilots disqualified first attempt and qualified second attempt, one pilot required third attempt to qualify. First attempt DQ rate is approximately 25 percent. each pilot successfully completed FRS syllabus. East coast FRS percentages are nearly identical.

There's more stuff, but I can't say whether it means she was sub-standard, average, or above average.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• NP. I would withhold judgement than.

Comment

Working...
        X