No announcement yet.

What should be done with the WTC site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be done with the WTC site?

I'll even include a silly poll.

I have a bad feeling this is going to get ugly. All the so-called unity we had last year seems to be gone. I can see lawsuits and every other ugly event happening with regards to decisions on what to do with the site.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had a similar thread last year. But things have changed a bit from last year.
    Used as a "quiet" memorial only as mentioned in the article
    6.45%
    Have part of it a memorial, and the rest used as small or medium sized office space
    24.19%
    2 similar 110 story office buildings should be erected
    33.87%
    Use the site as residential housing
    1.61%
    Use the site as an arts center with museums and such
    3.23%
    Use the site for goverment buildings
    0.00%
    Put up strip clubs and peep shows
    11.29%
    Leave the site barren
    1.61%
    Continues with the 2 twin beams of light used earlier
    1.61%
    Flood the area with water
    3.23%
    Erect a giant banana
    12.90%

I was just about to post the same poll .

A huge banana would be good. I'll vote later.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Make it into a large memorial with gardens, monuments, and a museum.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

As an outsider, I'd say it would say more about the American spirit if you rebuilt the 2 towers and added 10 additional stories for good measure.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you want to see a giant banana, go to Coffs Harbour in Australia. Just don't blame me if you think that you didn't get your money's worth

Comment

Make it into a giant memorial that will stand the test of time.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Use the land for it's best commercial use. Whatever that is (skiscraper or medium rise or what have you). And have a small memorial park with the names of the victems and a replica of the original towers.

Comment

I liked the two light beams idea.

Make a big memorial park out of it, with those beams(but make them bigger).
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The beams looked nice.
                  Still, I voted for banana...
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The twin towers will never be rebuilt. I really wanted them rebuilt, perhaps even taller, but knowing what we do now about the way they were built, I have to admit it wouldn't be...practical. Manhattan needs the office space, so office buildings should be put up, with a memorial park (or two -- each centered on where a tower stood).

I find it really galling when when people say we shouldn't build another large tower because "it'll just be another target" and "it's arrogant" when nations around the world are still building even taller.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

A small, discrete but beautiful memorial would seem in order. It's not the buildings that are mourned but the people.
                      Fire and ice and death awaiting. But he was steel, he was steel.

Comment

Couldn´t we have a giant banana illuminated by the twin beams of light?
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I say build a symbolic cemetary with a pillar from the tower remains as a tombstone for each of the 2823 victims. There's plenty of other space that could be re-developed if new yourk really needs more office space.

Comment

If you want to forget about it - offices. If there is actually the desire to have a proper remembrance - and this has my vote (especially if they make 9/11 a holiday), then the park. Every nation needs its symbols, and IMO rebuilding the towers there just smacks of stubborn arrogance.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Massive f**k-off towers. Bigger than before.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X