Anti-zionism is anti-semitism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-zionism is anti-semitism?

I know a lot of people think anti-zionism is anti-semitism, and I recal one poster here having a MLK quote on that matter.

My question is, if anti-zionism is anti-semitism how can there be anti-zionist jews? There are quite a lot of those, and they certainly aren't anti-semites (being jews themselves).
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Yes. Saying that the Jews, unlike any other ehtnic group, do not have the right to have a state is anti-semitism. Opposing to Israel's moves on the other hand, is not.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Woohoo! According to Eli, I'm an anti-Semite.

Does that also mean I'm an anti-Kurdite?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't think that any ethnic group is entitled to a state of their own.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          I don't think that any ethnic group is entitled to a state of their own.
          Weirdos like you are an exception.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I agree with Oswald.

I guess I'm an anti-Tibetan too .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes. Saying that the Jews, unlike any other ehtnic group, do not have the right to have a state is anti-semitism.
              So how can there be jews that are anti-zionists? That's the main question I'm asking.

Comment

Because these are self-hating jews that are ashamed of their jewish heritage and therefore traitors to Israel and the jewish people. IIRC this was Elis or Siros (I´m not sure which one) explanation in one of the earlier ME-threads.
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

that's a load of bull. if they hate being a jew so much, why do they tell everyone that they are jews? would be a thing one could hide very easily, if one wanted to. apparantly they don't, so they can't be that ashamed of it.

Comment

According to Eli, I'm an anti-Semite.
                    ain't we all?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

ain't we all?
                      I know I am.

explodes a jew

Comment

This all is really complicated. The right of self determination is really the antithesis of Empire. And yet we see in the U.S. a form of government composed of many nationalities where the Constitution and Laws protect the civil and religious rights of each.

When the civil liberties and religious rights of a people who identify themselfs as a separate nation are not guaranteed by a Constitution such as we find in the United States, that people have a right to establish their own state to protect their rights.

The U.S. is unique in the world. There is no other government that has our form of government in its full expression. But everyone cannot live here. This means that outside the United States, every "people" should have a right to their own nation.

Those who oppose this concept seem should do so on general prinicples that have universal applicability. Otherwise, selective opposition implies selective animus.
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'm confused...

care to say that again Ned? I think I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                            that's a load of bull. if they hate being a jew so much, why do they tell everyone that they are jews? would be a thing one could hide very easily, if one wanted to. apparantly they don't, so they can't be that ashamed of it.
                            Yeah, I think so to. That´s the flaw in Siro et als argumentation I guess...

But really. Zionism is a ideology just like fascism or communism, thus jews can be anti-zionist. It´s just like jews being anti-fascist or anti-communist.
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Jews already have a state. It is called the state of Israel. The question is moot. The only question that remains is, do some people want to expell the Jews now from their homeland?

Comment

Working...
                              X