Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has George W. Bush done so far as President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you forgot Rice... that b!tch

Comment

Originally posted by SKILORD
      Clinton was an Idiot
      You can say a lot of things about Clinton, but idiot is not one of them. The man is actually extremely intelligent. The problem is he has no moral character to guide his intelligence.

a liar cheat, scoundrel, worthless b**ta*d of a president and you say he did better than George W?

Great moral character and being a great president aren't linked. Look a John F Kennedy or Richard M. Nixon. Neither man can be considered a great moralist, but they are both considered some of America's greatest presidents. On the other hand, Jimmy Carter is easily the most moral man to hold the White House in a century, and look how his presidency turned out.

Of course, now we have a lying, swindling, cheating, alcoholic President who will also turn out to be one of our worst. Moral character and the ability to be a great President simply have no relationship to one another.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        you forgot Rice... that b!tch
        Rice actually has very little influence in the White House. She's part of the reactionary cabal, but she's a second tier member.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Clinton was an Idiot
          Clinton's IQ certainly is at least 30 points higher than Bush'.
          Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

yeah, but being part of the reactionary breed is bad enough for someone who claims to be a human being

recently saw a pic of her from her speaking on the axif of evil issue. the girl looks evil herself

and Clinton was alright, I liked him, he made a more moderate and less frightening impression than Bush

thouhg I must say Bush senior makes a more intelligent impression than both of them

Comment

Saint Marcus, et al., Bush remains extremely popular in United States. This, obviously, has a lot to do with the war on terrorism. However you should know that Bush has lost a lot of points in United States for his recent bias in favor of the Palestinians. He has also lost points with his conservative base because he protected the steel industry through tariffs, signed, rather than vetoed, the campaign finance reform bill, and has consistently signed legislation that calls for massive increases in social welfare spending.

The conservatives in United States are very angry with George Bush.

Still, the left, particularly those in the EU, have not acknowledged Bush's massive shift to the left. They rather still degrade him as if he were a Neanderthal or monkey.

It appears that George Bush has no friends at the extremes. Bush now squarely occupies the center. This is very normal for U.S. President, including President Clinton. However, by occupying is center, I believe George Bush has a real chance for solving the Middle East crisis once and for all. I also predict that he will be reelected in a landslide.

Ned
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I can't take anyone seriously who uses the image of a wise man as avatar icon despite posting crap.

Comment

Bush now squarely occupies the center.
                  after seeing this I can't take your posts seriously anymore.
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I didn't know there's such a thing in America that would be considered "left to the extreme right" in Europe.

Comment

The center in America is the far-right in the rest of the world.

Ned, I think it's untruthful to say that Bush holds the center. He is still utterly conservative, and far to the right of the "moderates" of the Republican party, like Powell. The people in his party that he is upsetting are the reactionaries, those who thought Bush would return us to the good old days of the antebellum South. What Bush is doing is trying to keep both wings of the Republican party happy.

Right now, I don't see the Democrats mounting a serious opposition to Bush. Heck, if Gore is the frontrunner, I foresee another four years of Bush.

Personally, I'd like to see Powell run for the Republican nomination. He needs to stick it back to the reactionaries like they've been sticking it to him. If Powell were a lesser man, he'd resign over the insults they keep throwing at him. Fortunately, he's patriotic enough to not let Ashcroft, Cheney, and Rumsfeld have complete control over the Administration. I'd lose all hope if it weren't for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                        nationalist, I don't like him because he's an extremist.

Bush? An extremist? haha.. He's a moderate/center right. Pat Buchannon is extremest. Bush ; is not. Bush is a suckup to interests (well, like all leaders) and panders to the other side for some reason.

Comment

i think it's ok...he has to deal with the extreme hormonal changes from the rest of the world (help us! no...you're smothering us!! no...help us!)...
                          i just wish he'd leave hi fundie opinions and stuff out of the government.
                          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see Powell run for the Republican nomination. He needs to stick it back to the reactionaries like they've been sticking it to him. If Powell were a lesser man, he'd resign over the insults they keep throwing at him. Fortunately, he's patriotic enough to not let Ashcroft, Cheney, and Rumsfeld have complete control over the Administration. I'd lose all hope if it weren't for him
                            Yes yes yes Powell's the only guy with half a brain in that administration, especially since Bush's best advisor, Karen Hughes, left the cabinet to be with family.
                            I'm still bucking for John McCain to run as an independent, though. *sigh*

Dave
                            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

what weas McCain like then? is he the one with the fries ?

Comment

Fries? dont quite get that. But actually he was a moderate conservative who whipped ass on Bush in the early primaries. I still remember fondly Michigan guv John Engler eating crow after stumping for Bush and watching him crash and burn in the Michigan Primary.

Dave
                                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X