Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has George W. Bush done so far as President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Akka le Vil

Am I authorized to find absolutly frightening such irresponsability about the ecological balance ?
    "let's disrupt what's left of the ecosystem on Earth so it will beneficiate to our economy"...

Let me puke...
    As I said, I am in favor of clean power as a matter of prudence. However, IMHO, the Global Warming "theory" advocates have yet to make a strong case. The case is deficient from two aspects. First, whether and to what degree there will be warming. There is much debate here and disagreement even among the advocates. There is also disagreement on the effects of warming. For example, I have heard that the oceans may rise 300 feet. However, I have also read articles that this is literally impossible without Greenland and Antarctica melting. But to melt these blocks of ice, the weather would have to warm to the predicted temperatures and stay that way for 50,000 years. Not likely in an era of Ice Ages.

Akka, What I see substituted for argument and evidence is hysteria. This is not convincing.

Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• What we need is to put the money of the oil lobby in fusion power and hydrogen engine. Except for the little bosses of the oil company, everyone would benefit of unlimited supply of totally clean energy and of pollution-zero cars.
      Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

As I said, I am in favor of clean power as a matter of prudence. However, IMHO, the Global Warming "theory" advocates have yet to make a strong case. The case is deficient from two aspects. First, whether and to what degree there will be warming. There is much debate here and disagreement even among the advocates. There is also disagreement on the effects of warming. For example, I have heard that the oceans may rise 300 feet. However, I have also read articles that this is literally impossible without Greenland and Antarctica melting. But to melt these blocks of ice, the weather would have to warm to the predicted temperatures and stay that way for 50,000 years. Not likely in an era of Ice Ages.

Akka, What I see substituted for argument and evidence is hysteria. This is not convincing.

Ned
        Evidence is that of the the ten hottest summers in the XXth century, 9 where after 1990.
        Evidence is that there is a hole in the ozon above south pole.
        Evidence is that we have more and more cyclons.

The threat of warming is here. But even if it wasn't here, the simple saving of the remnant of our ecosystem is a reason enough to put a hold on polluting means and to find clean ones. I don't want me and my eventuals children to live in a nightmarish fully-polluted world just because somme hobbies did not wanted to waste their 20 % market share.
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akka le Vil

Evidence is that of the the ten hottest summers in the XXth century, 9 where after 1990.
          Evidence is that there is a hole in the ozon above south pole.
          Evidence is that we have more and more cyclons.

The threat of warming is here. But even if it wasn't here, the simple saving of the remnant of our ecosystem is a reason enough to put a hold on polluting means and to find clean ones. I don't want me and my eventuals children to live in a nightmarish fully-polluted world just because somme hobbies did not wanted to waste their 20 % market share.
          I agree we should dramatically increase funding for clean power. This obviously is the way to go for the future. Once we roll out the technology, the whole world will benefit.

But I see no pressing need to shut down the U.S. economy so that the Chinese and Indians can pollute more. We need more rational solutions.

Ned
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I believe that Bush has done excellent thus far. His example shows once again that to be a successful or even great president one doesn't actually need to be overall intelligent and highly educated. What a president needs is just some basic common sense, intuition and the ability to connect with people.
            Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vagabond
              I believe that Bush has done excellent thus far. His example shows once again that to be a successful or even great president one doesn't actually need to be overall intelligent and highly educated. What a president needs is just some basic common sense, intuition and the ability to connect with people.
              He is highly educated. He graduated from Yale, which is an ivy league school.
              "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
              —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

• Moses, you are familiar with the term, "Gentleman's C," aren't you?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    I've never, ever misunderestimated the ass-kicking power of Bush's staff. Rove is about as crafty a political snake as they come, and he's been calling the shots for a long time. Bush, however, is a goober.
                    There's an old saying in the good ol' boy network, "He may be a fool, but he's our fool."
                    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

Working...
                    X