Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bank that was formerly owned by Imran Siddiqui

Comment

According to the government, Argentina will loose 1.400 million dolars per years because of this new subsidies.
      More or less the same amount that Israel receives per year as american help.
      Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

According to the government, Argentina will loose 1.400 million dolars per years because of this new subsidies.
        That really sucks, considering Argentina's economic state.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          the bank that was formerly owned by Imran Siddiqui
          And I made a killing selling it
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            I agree. Daschle should be sucking Bush's cheney over this one. It's the least he could do.

This bill really irks me. It's not in our best interests. The irony is that most of this money will end up in the pockets of the big Euro agrochemical companies.
            Eh? I don't think I understand your latter remark.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Eh? I don't think I understand your latter remark.
              Indeed. Maybe he's suggesting that these American subsidies will make it less likely the EU will lower it's subsidies...that's all I can think off.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I think you should be happy enough I spelled your name correctly, Imran

Comment

What's your problem with Imran Sidvicious name?

Comment

if only, Spotty K

(I'd post your pic, again, but this is a quick reply)

Comment

"Eh? I don't think I understand your latter remark."

The agrochemical companies (most of whom are Euro), are counting on a good portion of these subsidies flowing right into their pockets.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Mark, Holland exports more flowers than Khasmir!? Are you sure? Even tho Khasmir isnt a country, a ****load of flowers come from there.

Oh and Subsidies are wrong. Unless, the industry is so bad and your country is so dependant on that industry.

Comment

Here we go again...

I do seem to detect an upsurge in protectionism across the West over the last 10 years or so.

I believe we are seeing the beginning of the end of the current bout of 'globalization' with many parallels to the raising of tariffs in the 1890's and 1900's that killed off the last globalization (between 1850 and 1913 world trade jumped tenfold - stagnated between 1913 and 1945 and has leapt twentyfold since then).

There are also parallels in the growing distrust of large corporations, the rise in power of grass-roots pressure groups (unions then NGO's now), and a dissolusionment with traditional political parties.

The previous globalisation ended with a massive war, a global economic slump unparrelled for a century, the rise to power of extremist politics (communism and facism) and a war even more massive than the 'war to end all wars'.

Now maybe I'm being pessimistic but I first noticed these parallels over a decade ago and if anything they have grown worse in that time.
                          19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

prevouis globalisation ended with a war? Nono.....the war started with the economic problems in the west. A failure of capitalism and banking across the board. Out of that, Fascists and Communists rose up. Both preying on high-unemployment and promising bread and stability.

That wont happen again.

Comment

"Now maybe I'm being pessimistic"

God, I need a drink.

ef, you're being way too pessimistic, at least from the US corner. That's why this crap is so frustrating. Bush is giving too much to the protectionists--they have largely been discredited.

Consider that as he signing the bill, a fast track free trade negotiation bill is also being prepared and is expected to make it through the House and Senate without a hitch. Coincidence? But I wonder who was holding the fast track negotiation bill up. The Senate is packed full of free traders.

I just hope Bush got a good package deal for steel and agro and didn't settle for just fast track.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I really worry about this kind of stuff. The democrats have pretty much shown that they can not be trusted with *** for tat exchanges. For instance, when Bush sr. broke his new taxes pledge, it was in exchange for spending cuts. These cuts were reneged on, the next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X