Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Historical Event Would You Rather Witness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Historical Event Would You Rather Witness?

copied this directly from EU-forums.

so:
    What Historical Event Would You Rather Witness?
    (past event that is) Completely invisible and able
    to observe history as it unfolds around you without
    being bothered.

Death of Jesus Christ or Battle of Gettyburg or Death
    of Socrates or some Decleration of Independence or
    maybe something else?
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

The first atom bomb test. I love a good fireworks display
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well that was quick!
      good choise
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I am a fast thinker.

I'd have liked to have seen the Bolshevik Revolution too, see what was going on there...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH, if you're interested in that go and read a book by John Reed.

For me: January 18, 1871, Versailles... although that must have been boring..

Comment

Austerlitz
            What?

Comment

I'd want to see all of it.

But if I had to pick one.... the Battle of Actium (or whatever it was) between the Romans and the Egyptians would be very interesting.
              Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

If i can pick a future event: The death of the last human being.

Otherwise, the first fire created by a human.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The fall of Acre in 1291
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The visit of Abraham Lincoln in Richmond -- one of his last activities before his assassination.

Or, the Jamacain slave revolt against France.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Your choices are all crap.

I would have loved to witnessed Pearl Harbor.

Oh but 9/11 was good. I can tell my kids (presuming I have any) all kinds of storys.

Comment

battle of tours 732 AD
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Okay, here's my idea... I would like to witness Napoleon and Josephine going at it. It's got to be good for a laugh.
                          Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

I heard she was so loud in bed, her dog thought Nappy was attacking her and bit him!
                            "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Oh, and I would like to see Leonardo Da Vinci create the statue of David, or Van Gogh paint a starry starry night.
                              "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Working...
                              X