Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step Into the Confessional: Most Amazing Thing You've Ever Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Into the Confessional: Most Amazing Thing You've Ever Done!

For those of us who have done exceptional things in various fields, feel free to itemize.

Theater: Played the lead in Shakespeare's Macbeth at the tender age of 15. That's thousands of lines of iambic pentameter and intricate stage fighting...lucky nobody got decapitated.

Sports: Homered over the Alpenrose center field wall. Threw out a baserunner on 1st base! from home plate.

Business: Not much, yet.

Siring: I've lent my genes to a baby with nearly superhuman strength. Our ten month old is dragging furniture around the house now.

Scholastics: 5 on the AP English exam. Award winning journalist.

Pugilism: Beat the crap out of a guy who Pearl Harbored me in the back of the head with a cast on his arm.

Some may say this is immodest, and they'd be right. But I'm interested in what amazing feats my fellow posters have accomplished...whether they are Guinness awards or great parenting or just being a damn good kid for your parents.
    For those that don't have jack to contribute...let this be your inspiration.
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Re: Step Into the Confessional: Most Amazing Thing You've Ever Done!

[QUOTE] Originally posted by SuperSneak
    Theater: was asked to come to the stage at a belgian thetaer at the tender age of 11 without knowing a single word of french. I think I did ok. I was just standing there being cute. It worked.

Sports: created my own football team out of all the losers that were not picked up to play with the teams, and I managed to beat the top football team of my school.
    This is something I will tell to my grandchildren.

Business: working for a quite big company in my field but problems exist and I'm not happy financially.

Siring: 0 nothing absolutely nothing! (what is siring? reproduction?)

Scholastics: did a master's, learned english (the quality of which is apparent in these forums) some french

Pugilism: beat the crap out of a guy in primary school while my friends were watching for incoming teachers. Got punched in the nose by a girl. Frequently exchanging kicks with my best friend trying to "learn martial arts" in high school

Comment

Theater: wrote and lead in a short satire
      Sports: sometimes I didn't come in last in the 800 meter
      Business: I cut carrots into very small pieces, lots and lots of carrots
      Siring: N/A
      Scholastics: 1560 on the SATs
      Pugilism: got suspended three times in middleschool for fighting, haven't got in a fight sicne...
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Well, I did manage to get 100% on a recent history exam, much to the amazement of myself and the entire history staff, which was nice. And despite being quite skinny, I've managed to kick crap into anyone who's ever come after me with the intention of standing triumphantly over my bloody corpse.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I have the most amazing number of entries for the "Least Amazing Thing You've Ever Done!" thread! If that thread never comes to my attention though, disregard this notice and add another entry for the (non-existant) thread.

Comment

So far so good...but I'm expecting more.
            You just never know what you can do until you try...that's basically what it boils down to, folks.

Comment

Humility, folks, humility...
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Hmm.......ok then in list form.

Motherhood. Giving birth to my three daughters has to be the totally most amazing thing along with their smiles and yes even the "OH MOTHER!! pout.

Vocal: High School lead in Annie Get Your Gun, Guys and Dolls and Brigadoone. All State two years running. Won two full voice scholarships two seperate Universities. Lead's in the Fantatics and The Sound of Music. Concert Choir, Chamber Choir and Small Ensemble in college. Soloist for the First Baptist Church. Sing in local bands here in Austin and do voice over work.

Work: Worked for the Associate Commissioner Texas Health Department. Worked for State Treasurer of Texas. Won the Customer Satisfaction Award out of 3500 employees when I worked for a computer company.

Politcal: Advocated for new Landlord lockout laws in Texas. Testified before Senete and House subcomitte on this and was instremental in helping get a new law passed. Fought for and won my back child support of $31,000.00 and started a support group here in Texas for mothers not getting support M.O.M.S. mothers owed money and support. To date have gotten back an estimated 1.5 million for these mothers. Also testfied before Senete members regarding Child Support.

Been friends with my close circle of friends for over 20 years. Oh yeah.......almost forgot. I won $10,000.00 in the Texas Lottery in 1992
                Last edited by Tiamat; May 8, 2002, 15:48.
                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I will be a lottery winner tonight at about 6pm.
                  Boris...I'm sure you've done something laudable, aside from taking steaming dumps on other people's parades.

Comment

Here's your dose of good luck for tonight.
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

If I told you all the great things I've done, you'd call me a liar.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Academics...
                        1360 on the SATs at the age of 13
                        Perfect on the ERB standardized tests (there are about 7 40 question tests and I didn't miss any questions)
                        Starting Algebra II in 7th grade
                        Did best in my grade on the National Latin Exam even though I only was tutored in latin once a week for 40 minutes, compared to about 15 people who actually took it as a real course.
                        Nearly made top ten in Maryland Geography Bee when I was in 5th grade. (It's 5th-8th)
                        A lot of others. Like not doing my history reading and scoring perfect on the pop quizzes three times in a row
                        And beating all the 7th graders on one of those math contest things when I was in 4th grade.

Chess...
                        1st in several small unnofficial tournaments in Washington DC. (The really good people don't go. The tournaments I play in are the ones for the normal people who didn't start playing chess at 16 months)

Sports...
                        Game winning double in baseball, 7 rushing touchdowns in a game in football (More than everyone else combined)

Civ II...
                        1176 AC landing on Deity level
                        1456 OCC victory

Civ III...
                        have beat deity with 9 of the 16 civs

Music...
                        Have written a Prelude that has actually been published
                        Can play Violin, Viola, and Piano all pretty well.

Pugilism...
                        My best friend is 13 years old, 6 foot 4, and 230 pounds. Enough said.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                          I will be a lottery winner tonight at about 6pm.
                          Boris...I'm sure you've done something laudable, aside from taking steaming dumps on other people's parades.
                          Hmm, excellent imagery...

I don't think anything I've done makes me any more laudable than anyone else. And I get embarrassed talking about such things lest people think I am bragging.

I guess the things I am most proud of are my volunteer work here in NYC after September 11th and my coming out to my friends and family 4 years ago.

But i think it would be more fun to discuss the worst things we have ever done, our most embarrassing moments. That would make me feel better because then I can see how everyone else can be just as much a jackass as I am at times!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Theater: Concert pianist soloist at the age of 12.
                            (Catholic school, so whoop de doop)

Sports: hahahahhaha, welcome to geekland.
                            But have averaged over 200 in bowling leagues. And have broken 80 on quite a few golf courses. (yes REAL SPORTS )

Siring: A beautiful smart teenager that just made the HS Pom Pom squad. (those uniforms are boy magnets and I'm not going to deal with it well) as I check the gun ownership waiting period in Illinois.

Business: Succesful IT director at a major market research house.
                            (refer to as king of the geeks)

School: Graduated with honors. (poly sci degree so who cares)

Pugilism: See above references to Geek and Nerd. But I can kick the snot out of Ming.

Other. Talked ming into using a Kermit the Frog Avatar

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Boris...there is ample time to reflect on all of our failures...this is our place to shine...we don't always acknowledge the genius that resides on this forum.
                              Your volunteer work is exactly the thing I'm looking for...RAH breaking 80 clubs on the course...hmmmmm...don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X