Childhood Bullies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullies

I've found that often times the only way to really get at bullies is by making a group effort. They are usually bigger and stronger then their victims....which is why they chose those ppl as victims. So a single stand usually won't do much. It usually takes either a 1) group, 2) person of authority or 3) someone very strong to deal with them.

As you can tell I detest bullies. To me bullying, when you break it down is a form or stalking+ harrassment+ assault a lot of times. It's really wrong.

Comment

• I got picked on a little bit. But when I stood up to this one kid and punched him in the stomach in front of the whole schoolyard I earned a bit of respect. No one ever messed with me after that.

Although I had to do a similar thing in high school. I changed addresses and was with a whole new bunch of people. but I mostly kept to myself. I went to a gang high school in downtown. I knew better than to mess with anyone. The gangs left me alone, they always faught amonst each other.

Comment

• I was picked on. I admit it. Not because I was small, because I have always been slightly taller than average, but rather just didn't have the will to fight back in elementary school.

Was picked on by several bullies (not all at once) up until the 6th grade. But then one day while walking home with my sister, the main school bully (a kid that was held back at least one grade, maybe more) and his sniveling younger brother followed us home. They were taunting us and just being bothersome as usual, when finally, when we got to the last street corner down from our house, I turned around and threw the bully to the ground and begun bashing him in the head. My sister ran the rest of the way home screaming and crying, and a few moments later my mom came and pealed me off of the bully.

My mom wasn't mad or anything, and though I don't remember what exactly happened right afterwards, I still feel quite triumphant over the whole event.

Care to take me on, punk?

Comment

• Everyone at my school got bullied. In fact bullying each other was pretty much the basis of all social interaction. It was all boys up to year 10.

For example, we had things like "rumbles" and "cooning".
          Rumbles were where everyone would pile on top of one kid, it could be anyone.

Cooning was where the whole form would slap one kid on the top of the head, you could get slapped by up 150 kids.

If you did something dumb someone would shout "rumble!" or "coon!" and everyone would rush in on you chanting the word. The only escape was to run away but this just made it more fun because the victim was hunted down.

Another good one was "Oi!" If say someone hit a tennis ball onto the school roof, first they'd get "cooned", then they had to go and get the ball. When they were on the roof, everyone below would start pointing at the kid and chanting "Oi! Oi! Oi!..." to attract the attention of the teacher on duty. If the teacher confiscated the ball then the kid who hit it up there got attacked again by everyone - and of coruse hit by the teacher for being on the school roof, which was out of bounds.

The main thing was to take it because everyone was beating the crap out of everyone else for all my school years.

Those were the days
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            Rumbles were where everyone would pile on top of one kid, it could be anyone.
            Ahahaha, we had that here too, only we called it "The Sandwich".

Comment

• Another good one was punching in the arm. We had this thing where you would punch another guy in the arm as hard as you could. Then he'd punch you as hard as he could. Then you'd go and punch another guy in the arm. 150 boys punching each other in the arm all day long for days on end. It must have looked bizarre - but this is what hormones do to young boys.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• That was just like my school. We shouted 'Pile on!'.

Worst was 'running the gauntlet' where everybody in the school would line up opposite each other and one poor bastard would have to run through the 100m long gap getting kicked and punched until they could get out at the other end.

Comment

• One only wonders if AH is a product of too much Horse play.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I was started to get picked on around 5th grade, for several reasons. I put on weight and was a chubby kid, and I was a nerd who loved history and classical music (I eventually pursued music as a major in college and in my spare time still sing opera).

The first real bully I remember was this guy Bobby in 7th grade. Total tool. Never physically touched me, but was just quite mean and cruel. Then there was this big, huge fat kid named Chris who was borderline physical with bullying, but moreso with others than me. I kept a low profile and was kind to everyone, so had no problems with real serious bullying.

After I switched schools in 9th grade, I guess I blossomed. By senior year I was elected President of the Student Government Association, was the Editor-in-Chief of the school paper and had the leading role in the school musical. I enjoyed highschool very much and still see friends from that time regularly (one of which is my best friend to this day and current roommate here in NYC).

I feel kinda sorry for the bullies I've known. I'm pretty sure they were destined for failed lives...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Bumped by request.
                      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        I feel kinda sorry for the bullies I've known. I'm pretty sure they were destined for failed lives...
                        Hmmm... not all the time. That's a bit of a generalisation there.

A lot of the people who used to bully me are in university now. They got high marks in their HSC exams (Australian final exams) and are better academic learners than people like me. Even when they stopped bullying me, I still felt alienated, because I wasn't an academic learner.

Ah well, I'll find an alternative way to overpower them.

But I also feel sorry for bullies too. The ones who bullied me must have had TERRIBLE emotional problems to be attacking me the way they did. They only do it to make themselves feel better, to feel more powerful. Bullies... what a PATHETIC bunch of weaklings.
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                        X