• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, it's a Hotmail account.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Asher

I guess be stupid!

I wanted to create a screen shot to post on another thread and your advice was to use MS Paint as one option for doing this by saving it as a Jpeg file. Try as I might I could not find any an option for this on the Paint menus. So I tryed the "Help Menu" but no search or Index lookup could find Jpeg or jpg or "File conversion". So I guess I need "File Conversion For Idiots". But you said it was straight forward.

Yours Truly

I Be Stupid!
      The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
      Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

Promethus: Not all versions of Windows came with MSPaint that could do JPG compression, I believe I was talking to someone who had Windows XP at the time.

This may come as a surprise to you, but when you search the help files for features the programs don't have...the chances are you won't find much.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Its the "watch Asher crash and burn" thread
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Horse, if I were you I wouldn't keep bumping the thread where you whine because you can't figure out how to move the taskbar around.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher

"You Believe"? He did not say what OS he was using. You made that leep yourself. U ass-u-me everyone starts from your knoweledge base.
              The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.

Comment

If you're talking about the Desktop thread I've helped him troubleshoot WinXP before...

Now who's the one making the assumptions?

So let me get this straight:
              • Horse can't figure out how to move his taskbar around -- surely this is not his fault. It's the OS', damnit!
              • Promethus took advice I was giving to someone else and tried to do it on his computer and couldn't get it to work. It's Asher's fault, damnit!

Did I miss something?

Comment

Oh, and genius, it was MrWhereItsAt that was giving the instructions on how to paste and make JPGs in MSPaint.

I simply said hit PRINTSCREEN and paste the image into a photo editing program (like MSPaint, Photoshop, PSP, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Did I miss something?
                  Yes, the fact that defending Microsoft means you've already lost
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I'm not even talking about Microsoft!

I'm talking about interface design and documentation for ANY program, I really don't care who made it.

Why is it that every time I discuss computers everyone always stops arguing and starts flaming me calling me a MS apologist?

It's getting really ****ing old, and I'm not going to put up with it anymore.

Comment

Why is it that every time I discuss computers everyone always stops arguing and starts flaming me calling me a MS apologist?
                      Well because you are a Microsoft apologist, the lowest form of geek life

Comment

Asher

Like this should be "Intuitivly obvious to the most casual of observers"!

Comment

Originally posted by Promethus
                          Asher

Comment

Originally posted by Promethus
                            Asher

And who ever said it should have been?
                            Now we've progressed to the stage of putting words into my mouth. That's great.

Comment

It's getting really ****ing old, and I'm not going to put up with it anymore.
                              What are you going to do - snitch on us to your heroe Bill Gates?

Comment

• Working...
                                X