Star Wars Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vel,
    I got the resend. Thanks. Size should not have been a problem. I wonder what the real problem was? Oh well, another mystery of life that won't be solved.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc

Bastard!

I am so envious.

[Yoda Mode] Envy leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering![/Yoda Mode]
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I can see why they went from a muppet Yoda to a digital Yoda. One would think that technology in the world of SW I and II is worse than that in the original movie. Just as the technology in the world of Enterprise is behind that or Star Trek. Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Thanks Vel, it looks tight. Even if it probably won't be the same as what comes out.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Ok, I have it Vel! Thanks a lot!

I read 22 pages already, and peeked the last page too!

Spoiler:

All but Yoda, Obi-wan, Anakin and two other Jedi's are dead!
            Oh, and the movie ends with Amidala and Anakin kissing!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
              I can see why they went from a muppet Yoda to a digital Yoda. One would think that technology in the world of SW I and II is worse than that in the original movie. Just as the technology in the world of Enterprise is behind that or Star Trek. Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines.
              yep, i don't mind suspending disbelief, but the thought of a muppet Yoda vanquishing a 6 foot Sith Lord in a furious sabre battle, ...well....

Comment

--"Yet, the new production values/technology make it seem otherwise, despite the storylines."

That was done on purpose. The technology levels for the prequel setting are supposed to be higher than for the original set of movies. That's why Lucas started with the middle trilogy; they didn't have the F/X expertise to pull of the tech level he wanted for the first trilogy.
                According to the story line, once the Empire took over a lot of things, especially tech, started to stagnate. The Empire put its focus on things like Super Star Destroyers and Death Stars, much to the detriment of everything else.

Wraith
                Are we getting graded on this or is it creative?

Comment

not strong enough

If that is the case, then stagnation is not sufficient. We would need regression.

Comment

"I just hope somewhere along the track, Vader finds it in his heart to kill off Jar Jar, as well as all the Jedi. "

May the dark force be with him.
                    But sadly, I suspect that the Jar Jar creature will appear in Episode III as well (if IMDB is right)

Comment

I'll take a script, send one to OzzyKP@aol.com
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

--"If that is the case, then stagnation is not sufficient. We would need regression."

Well, yes. But that happened after the Empire took over. Stagnation, then regression as the Empire cracked down on dissidents (and potential dissidents). Anyone even somewhat technically inclined outside of places like the Kurat (IIRC) shipyards were in trouble.
                        By the time of Luke and A New Hope things had backslid quite a bit.

Wraith
                        Strip mining prevents forest fires.

Comment

Skimming through interviews I've noticed George Lucas wanting to make a point about how Democracies slip into Dictatorships. This is think is excellent subject matter to tackle. No one realizes how this happens and no one realizes how far we have slipped toward dictatorship. We will see that the Empire didn't just conquer the Republic, but the Empire truly IS the republic, the people just handed over their rights little by little until oh damn, they were in a dictatorship.

Reading this interview made me think too. This process didn't truly conclude until A New Hope, i remember early on in the first movie Princess Leia telling General Whoever that "the Senate won't stand for this!" then General Whoever replying that the Senate has just been dissolved or something. So even at the beginning of the rebellion the Senate was still around, even if in a powerless state.

This is a very interesting plot line that is my source of interest in the series. Any good libertarian out there should pick this up too.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

mihai@buffalo.com please
                            "Respect the gods, but have as little to do with them as possible." - Confucius
                            "Give nothing to gods and expect nothing from them." - my motto

Comment

Working...
                            X