Theory of Evolution Should have never been a part (Civ3)! Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MacTBone
    I postulate that since the Universe has no discernable end, that the Universe necessarily must have no discernable beginning.
    All we've detected is red shift, no blue shift (except on a very local scale), which means that everything is moving away from us. Compound that with the microwave background radiation and you've got pretty solid evidence that the universe had a beginning. Furthermore, an infinite universe has an inherent problem with stability--gravity has no range, so an infinite amount of mass would be pulling on you from all directions if the universe were infinite, and we'd all probably be ripped to shreds.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger
      I'm sorry. It didn't look like this thread was going anywhere fast, so I figured a little spammage couldn't hurt.
      Well since the posts don't get counted I guess that is true. It sure seems to have stalled out regarding intellectual content anyway. It is Sunday and that tends be a slow for Creationist posts.

Now if I could only get a conversation going with a Scientologist.

Let me see if saying DIURETICS gets a responce. Sure does annoy the few I have talked to anyway.

Keep in them mind in mind when you see a claim that only one man has risen from the grave. L. Ron Hubbard died twice.

Comment

Furthermore, an infinite universe has an inherent problem with stability--gravity has no range, so an infinite amount of mass would be pulling on you from all directions if the universe were infinite, and we'd all probably be ripped to shreds.
        I hadn't seen that one before. The heat problem I have heard of. Dr. Hoyle had a way around this. He hypothesized continuous creation in an expanding universe of infinite age in his second generation Steady State theory. There was a severe shortage of evidence though. None.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethelred
          Let me see if saying DIURETICS gets a responce. Sure does annoy the few I have talked to anyway.
          Obviously, you haven't been doing a very good job of expelling your Thetans...
          Last edited by loinburger; April 28, 2002, 15:04.

Comment

• You could easily be lieing, you ****wit.

I am horrified at the prospect that you are of voting age. If there is any Justice, though, you'll doubtless be convincted of a felony by the next election day. If you aren't, then I think that this would constitute verifiable proof that there truly is no God.

You really need to get a life

All we've detected is red shift, no blue shift (except on a very local scale), which means that everything is moving away from us. Compound that with the microwave background radiation and you've got pretty solid evidence that the universe had a beginning. Furthermore, an infinite universe has an inherent problem with stability--gravity has no range, so an infinite amount of mass would be pulling on you from all directions if the universe were infinite, and we'd all probably be ripped to shreds.

WOW something of inteligence

Though i doubt you understand that we can only veiw or detect objects in the universe as good as our technology is. We have not seen the furthest depths of space yet. As i said before, I think you will be surprised what we discover in the next 15 to 20 years.
            "Its a great day for Hockey"
            - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Not true. Gravity acts directly on all parts of you (fundamental particles). Also, variations in density would fall off as you got bigger sample size, so it's likely you wouldn't notice any problems. Field cancels out. Solution would probably be stable.

The real problem is, if Universe were infinite with pseudo-uniform distribution then the night sky would be infinitely bright (background illumination goes up linearly with total Universe size, since it falls off as square of distance from source, but number of sources increases with cube of allowable distance). Can't remember who came up with this dilemma...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• What, are you saying we'll see a big red sign saying "Smile, you're on Candid Camera!" signed "The Lord who art in Heaven"
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  The real problem is, if Universe were infinite with pseudo-uniform distribution then the night sky would be infinitely bright (background illumination goes up linearly with total Universe size, since it falls off as square of distance from source, but number of sources increases with cube of allowable distance). Can't remember who came up with this dilemma...
                  Ah, that's the problem. I knew there was something. The solution, if I recall, is "Well, there is this dark matter that blocks out a lot of the light," the problem then being that the dark matter would eventually heat up until it is just as luminous as the stars it is blocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
                    You could easily be lieing, you ****wit.
                    Why in the world would you ask me my real age, then, when I could easily be lying again?

Though i doubt you understand that we can only veiw or detect objects in the universe as good as our technology is. We have not seen the furthest depths of space yet.
                    Everything within our range of detection is moving away from us, and the farther away the object is the faster it is moving away from us. What possible basis do you have, then, for concluding that objects currently outside of our range of detection would not only fail to follow this trend, but would in fact reverse it? This conclusion of yours flies in the face of all available scientific evidence. Why will we suddenly detect a blue shift when we increase our range of detection? On what basis do you come to this conclusion?

Comment

Not true. Gravity acts directly on all parts of you (fundamental particles). Also, variations in density would fall off as you got bigger sample size, so it's likely you wouldn't notice any problems. Field cancels out. Solution would probably be stable.
                      I agree. Unfortunatly I didn't think of that when I replied till later. Silly of me. For instance if you were in a hollow sphere with the mass of the Earth the eniter hollow would be gravitationly flat.

Its the question of "Why is the sky black?" that is one of the reasons Hoyle came up with his continuous creation hypothesis.

Edited to close an open quote.

Comment

• Bald Assertion Man

Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
                        Obviously not, Mr. "I've read 22 physics books yet still don't understand the meaning of E = MC^2."

No sir, you do not understand the meaning of E = MC^2

There are still Evolutionists, after all, and the evidence has been mounting against them for centuries!

Your nebulous claims to proof are always comical, Loinburger. At least, they're comical the first few times around. They grow mighty tiresome after six pages of your ignorant trolling...

If you feel that you have something to contribute, then by all means, please do so! If you just want to spam the Off-Topic forum with your asinine comments, then please be courteous and go back to the Civ III forum where trolls are better received (or rather, not recognized until it is too late), because here, a troll is a troll is a troll regardless of how obtuse the troller may be.

Words of wisdom, Loinburger the troll!

Prove to me that something was created from nothing. If you cannot, then shut the hell up.

What a shallow victory indeed. "We Evolutionists are correct because we assert that it is so, and are so goddamn stubborn that we will not even consider any opposing argument! We win!"

Lioinburger your ignorance is quite comical. Do tell me, How is a life of ignorance?
                        Where is Boshko when you need him? We have a perfect candidate for Bald Assertion Man right here.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

But wouldn't light from an infinitely far source take an infinite amount of time to travel to earth? Besides, wouldn't an infinite amount of mass present a problem?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• The infinite amount of mass wouldn't cause a problem. Already explained this.

Yes, light would take infinite time. However, the model that was fashionable at the time was that the Universe had been, was, and always would be. The proof of the impossibility of this was what I presented.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• LOL im sorry.

You people are freaking hilarious.

Loinburger im sorry, but everytime i read one of your idiotic posts it is hillarious yet disgusting. Loinburger not only are you just about clueless your completly annoying. I may be a troll but you are a ignorant annoying POS.

Gee i wonder if loinburger will be the first to mock how uninteligent this post is.

Get a life loinburger. BTW dont you do anything other than visit these boards?

I spent one day on these boards a week and half ago i think and i wasted my time. Ive been here maybe a couple hours this weekend wasting my time again. You seem to be here all the time. Hey you chose how you spend your time. I just think you should get out more.

also BTW Loinburger i answered my own question assumeing you would lie again dip****e.
                              - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• Urban Ranger, some how you found out how to have even less commen sense than Loinburger.

Example

quote:

Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
                                There are plenty of smart people who dont have perfect grammer and spelling like all you 250 iq genious scientists who have access to labratories and a mountain of information. LOL

You found us out, rats! We are these vicious scientists who happen to lurk about around game boards so we can pounce on any creationists who might just happen to pop up

You didnt actually take that literaly did you? I hope you didnt
                                - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Working...
                                X