No announcement yet.

Bizarre Girl Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you think saying that my quote was very poor wording wasn't a put down???

Hmmm lucky your not socially demanding, you seem to be a bit uptight and condescending.
    The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
      so you think saying that my quote was very poor wording wasn't a put down???
      No, because it doesn't mention you as a person.
      Are you one of those people that gets offended if somebody critiques your writing?

Hmmm lucky your not socially demanding, you seem to be a bit uptight and condescending.
      I am the most uptight person in the world, you've got me nailed.

Condescending...perhaps, but that's only because I don't really care about any of this.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, because it doesn't mention you as a person.
        Are you one of those people that gets offended if somebody critiques your writing?

No I get upset when someone comes OUT OF THE BLUE flinging insults when there wasn't a need for it in the first place.
        And you don't have to PUT a name on it in order for it to be a put down..I think we can all figure out you were talking about my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
          No I get upset when someone comes OUT OF THE BLUE flinging insults when there wasn't a need for it in the first place.
          And you don't have to PUT a name on it in order for it to be a put down..I think we can all figure out you were talking about my post.
          Saying something someone says is "poor wording" is an insult?

Women can be oversensitive too often, that's a major problem in most relationships.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

you get a big WHATEVER..

Men who think they are holier than thou create a major problem in relatioships today

Comment

Ahhhh, the infamous "WHATEVER" argument. An attempt to kill the argument without conceding defeat and maintaining some dignity. Unfortunately it fails as it brings up the mental image of a valley-girl raising her palm and proclaiming, "Pshaw, whateva!".

Comment

only to you my dear heart..I am neither BLONDE nor a valley girl..you may say PSHAW WHATEVA but I don't.

Comment

and don't wink at me..

Comment

I am totally a valleygirl, pshaw!

Comment

you turd!

Comment

Re: Bizarre Girl Issues

Originally posted by Cairo_East
                        So here's my issue:

I just had a date with a girl who was attractive, seemingly normal, and intelligent. Everything was going fine until I mentioned that "Interview With the Vampire" was on TV at the pizza place we had just entered. We then started to discuss really long movies. I, like any normal human being, said that I thought "The Postman" (Kevin Costner version, not the Italian version) was one of the longest and worst movies of all time. She got really uptight and said that it was her favorite movie! I got a little snide and asked her if she liked the first eight hours or the last, and she really didn't respond.

I feel a bit like Jerry Seinfeld now with this girl-she's seems all right, except for this one bizarre flaw. I'm honestly considering whether I should continue a relationship with a girl who lists "The Postman" as her favorite movie. "The Postman"! Can I really be that shallow??? Isn't this indicative of her tastes? Does this mean we are incompatible?

I also joked to her that Kevin Coster and she were the only two people on the planet that liked that movie. I think I went a bit too far with that one, but maybe she just took it as the total joke that it was. Then again, I'd probably be a little irritated if someone made cracks about "Gandhi" (my fave movie).

What should I do?

Stop being a little boy

Comment

Sounds like me and my current GF. I moved 1800 miles to be with her and found out that she doesn't like the Marx Brothers! Who cares? We both like Abbot and Costello!

The point is forget about the differences, accentuate what you have in common. Either that or just forget about it. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff, and it's ALL small stuff.
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I would have told her my favorite movie of all time was "Freddie Got Fingered" and see how fast she left.
                            I'd say Pearl Harbour would be the most effective You'd be ostracised for life for that one
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Have you seen Freddie Got Fingered, PH?

Pearl Harbour is an absolute masterpiece in comparison.

Comment

Listen to Blackwidow, man. Drake is out to lunch. If you're already annoyed by her, AFTER ONLY ONE DATE!!!, there is something going on that the movie thing is just a symptom of. Walk away. If a person is going to be worth your time she/he has got to be able to make it through the first date without you thinking "WTF?"
                                What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
                                X