No announcement yet.

Bizarre Girl Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And therein lies the difference between women and men.

Blackwidow24 says "Really what's the point of getting into a relationship with someone who ALREADY annoys you?"

And the guys respond: "But I could get laid."

Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      Bugs, how old is the novel? I remember reading a couple Postman short stories in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. that must have been the mid eighties, if not earlier.
      I'd guess I read it around 1987 or so. Brin extended his earlier short stories into a full-length novel. It's rather good.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

And therein lies the difference between women and men.

Blackwidow24 says "Really what's the point of getting into a relationship with someone who ALREADY annoys you?"

And the guys respond: "But I could get laid."
        There's another part of Blackwidow's post that points out a major difference between men and women: "how many women have you wasted your time with because you thought she would change????". The answer, Widow, is none, at least for most men. Women will latch onto men and try to change them, but the typical man will take a woman as she is or not at all.
        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

what these guys are telling him is ..go on man..you're stupid for not wanting her because you have different tastes in movies...now if he does get with her and she continues to annoy him with little things like maybe not liking the same food, or having an annoying little laugh then it will be HIS fault for wasting HIS time because he thought he could Get over these differences ..... but what he is really doing iswasting his time just to see if she may change.... Men do waste their time with women, I have had many male friends kick themselves for wasting their time with a woman who would party way to much, put them last or constantly lie to them because they thought it was a phase and the women would change..NEVER HAPPENED..men and women are more similar than you think

I think about sex 20 times a minute
          The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

The idea BW, is that it is so damn petty, its pathetic for someone to discount someone as a potential GF because of it.

How about this. A guy really likes you. You like him. But then he finds out you have a tattoo. He doesnt like tattoos. And even though youre a great person with a great personality, he cant get over the fact that you have a little ink on you. What would you think he should do?

All I'm saying is that there is NO SUCH THING as a PERFECT lover or partner. They don't exist. If someones willing to break a relationship because of something so dumb, theyre gonna wake up one day 65 and alone.
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I would definitly not want to be with a person that doesn't like something about me..even if it is a tattoo... I mean why settle when you can hold out and find someone that meets all of your wants and desires...

and being a LEO I need a man that will worship me and one I can worship back...

I am not saying it is right of him to not like her because of her taste in movies, I am just saying, you know she annoys him know..what makes him think that will ever change??? He should do what he feels he needs to do without being condemed by us..this is his life he is dealing with..maybe you aren't as picky but at least he knows that he can have better or have what he wants and not settle for WHOEVER!

Comment

"Worshipping" is one of the most annoying things in the world. All I ask for is respect.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  "Worshipping" is one of the most annoying things in the world. All I ask for is respect.
                  OHHH PALEASE..

I don't mean literally

Comment

Of course not, but it's implying that the person won't tell you if they disagree with something you say/do simply because they "worship" you. It's very poor wording in either case.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

*sigh* whatever you say.

I like a man that will disagree with me..a man that won't stand up to me won't have my respect..so you can take WORSHIP any way you please but we obviously are using it in two different contexts. When I say worship I mean, tell me I am pretty, hold my hand, think the world of me..miss me when I am gone, think of me when we are apart..have eyes for me and me alone...

By the way very poor wording?? how bout this for poor wording KISS MY @$$!

Comment

See, Provost?
                        Just about anyone can get a mate, it just takes persistence.

Comment

Being TOO picky will lead to a life of loneliness. If perfection is what someones after, good luck to them because theyll never find that person.

Are you a perfect person? No.
                          Is there such a thing as a perfect person? No.
                          Is searching for a "perfect" lover or partner a futile search? Yes.

At some point, unless someone enjoys the life of a hermit, they need to understand that this is real life. It isnt a fairy tale or some bullsh1t love story novel. Everyone has flaws. Some small some big.

I mean for christs sake we're talking about a stupid movie. The girl isn't a ****ing nazi here or a satan worshipper.

If any of you who think he should dump her over a movie are indeed flawed and imperfect, hope that when you do meet Mr. or Mrs. right, that they are more forgiving than you are and that they dont dump you for something as trivial.

Just think if you were dating a girl or guy "of your dreams", and they dumped you flat out for get this, the fact that you thought Sgt Pepper was a better Beatles album than the White Album! I mean damn, how could they live with you knowing that fact? Or perhaps you get dumped because your car is blue and her favorite color is red. Perhaps you get dumped because you said Michaelangelo was a better painted than DaVinci? Or maybe you get dumped because you prefer Pepsi over Coke. God knows thats an unforgivable flaw...

Ya wanna know why Seinfeld was so funny? BEcause it was so ridiculous. If you want to emulate seinfeld, I guess you better prepare to get laughed at. Because it is funny. A joke
                          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I hardly think being with two men is persistence...

and what about you since you like cutting people down..do you have someone special???

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
                              I hardly think being with two men is persistence...

and what about you since you like cutting people down..do you have someone special???
                              I wasn't cutting anyone down until you said "kiss my @$$".

And no, I don't have anyone special, and no, I'm not looking. I don't need a SO because I'm not socially demanding by my nature.

Comment

man drake...you just said a whole lot...

You can't expect people to be like you..and think like you and agree with you..just because you thinks it's pathetic for him to be so picky doesn't mean he feels the same way. IF he is questioning being with her over a movie then obviously he needs to move on..you understand?? it has nothing to do with who is perfect and who is not perfect. It has everything to do with the person who is in the situation and making a decission based on the fact that she likes THE POSTMAN. If he feels weird about things already I SAY DUMP HER..not because she likes that movie but BECAUSE he already questions the relationship that hasn't even started!

Comment

Working...
                                X