No announcement yet.

Bizarre Girl Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look: is she good in bed? That's the main thing.

Comment

Bugs, how old is the novel? I remember reading a couple Postman short stories in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. that must have been the mid eighties, if not earlier.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Re: Bizarre Girl Issues

Originally posted by Cairo_East
        So here's my issue:

I feel a bit like Jerry Seinfeld now with this girl-she's seems all right, except for this one bizarre flaw. I'm honestly considering whether I should continue a relationship with a girl who lists "The Postman" as her favorite movie. "The Postman"! Can I really be that shallow??? Isn't this indicative of her tastes?
        Do you think you could fit your mind in this narrow space?

--------><--------

Comment

Cairo, if it was just the Postman thing, it would be fine, but you have to do word association here to figure what kind of person she is:

Postman...

(someone continue on this word association please)
          "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Oh, and Gandhi is my favorite movie too! I also like Interview with the Vampire.
            "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

The Postman...that's good, I should remember that next time I want to get someone to stop talking to me.

I would have told her my favorite movie of all time was "Freddie Got Fingered" and see how fast she left.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Bizarre Girl Issues

Originally posted by Cairo_East
                So here's my issue:

I just had a date with a girl who was attractive, seemingly normal, and intelligent. Everything was going fine until I mentioned that "Interview With the Vampire" was on TV at the pizza place we had just entered. We then started to discuss really long movies. I, like any normal human being, said that I thought "The Postman" (Kevin Costner version, not the Italian version) was one of the longest and worst movies of all time. She got really uptight and said that it was her favorite movie! I got a little snide and asked her if she liked the first eight hours or the last, and she really didn't respond.

I feel a bit like Jerry Seinfeld now with this girl-she's seems all right, except for this one bizarre flaw. I'm honestly considering whether I should continue a relationship with a girl who lists "The Postman" as her favorite movie. "The Postman"! Can I really be that shallow??? Isn't this indicative of her tastes? Does this mean we are incompatible?

I also joked to her that Kevin Coster and she were the only two people on the planet that liked that movie. I think I went a bit too far with that one, but maybe she just took it as the total joke that it was. Then again, I'd probably be a little irritated if someone made cracks about "Gandhi" (my fave movie).

What should I do?
                You're retarded.

Comment

The Postman was a good movie in my opinion. But not one of the "great" movies.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

who thinks that this thread title would serve as a great 3-word description of Boddington's love life

(I know I had to do a double take to see who had written it)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dude, I think ya should apologize on the next date.
                      Just tell her that whatever movies she likes is her thang.

I've met some ppl w/really messed up tastes and I've noticed my taste is just as weird.

Just try and smooth things over by apologizin'.....THEN get yer freak on!
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Cairo, what did you expect from us? "Dude, you should dump her just because she doesn't like the same movies as you"? I don't even know you and I'm shocked and horrified.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by LTEC!
                          I think there will not be a second date.
                          One thing is not liking movies other people like, but bashing the other person over things they appreciate is a whole different animal.

Learn to be respectful even when you don't like stuff. Its called the foundation to good relationships.

That's the ironic part. He's polling his friends and Apolyton about whether he should still go out with her, and meanwhile she's probably thinking "He didn't like The Postman, what a loser."

(Nothing personal Cairo)
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

I'm sure she's right. I think he's a loser and I wasn't even there.

Comment

The postman?

Oh come on, theres tons of movies that are worse than the postman! It isnt a classic by any means, but I can think of hundreds of worse movies.

Diasagreement about things is a good thing for a relationship. Not about the big things perhaps, but about stupid trivial stuff like this. A carbon copy SO would have to be the most boring thing.

Seriously, this is a non-issue. But if youre such a snob that taste in movies can come between you, break up not to do YOU a favor, do it for HER. Your "better than thou" attitude will bore her to death after awhile.

After you break up, you can find someone whos as "sophisticated" and "refined" as you......
                              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

DUMP HER NOW!

Really what's the point of getting into a relationship with someone who ALREADY annoys you? What are you thinking?? That you can get use to these annoying habbits or preferences??? NOOOOOOO...don't settle this is your life you are talking about!!!!! I know you know that WOMEN can make you or BREAK you..so before you get into something you really wish you hadn't STOP..THINK..and REALIZE..people DON'T change they just get OLDER!!!!! ANd she will always Like *eerie spooky music* THE POSTMAN!!!

And for you guys that think he is being stupid..how many women have you wasted your time with because you thought she would change????
                                The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X