Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars II soon. Does anyone really care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars II soon. Does anyone really care?

I have to say this, I am filled with complete nothingness regarding the impending release of movie 2. Phantom Menace was soooo bad, so filled with pointless fluff (not to mention Jar Jar), it was a waste of all the effort that went into getting tickets. I may see it, if people say it's okay, but I'm not gonna make any effort to see it. I haven't seen any indications that Lucas learned from his last movie.

Heck, it's just a 90 minute advertisement for Star Wars merchandise anyways. They should pay US to see it.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I don't really care. I'll see it, of course, but it's not like it's bigger-than-world issue for me. Episode 1 collapsed my childish belief to 'Star Wars'='Good'.

LOTR 2, now, that's a different issue.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

LOTR was not as good as excepted. I liked the book, it's innocent part and its slow rythm... The movie didn't get it.

Maybe it was more commercial.
      Zobo Ze Warrior
      --
      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

i'm going to watch it, Phantom Menace was poor, but i am so busy that i can't spare 3 hours?

Comment

Well, at least SW2:AOTC has a lock on the 'Best Animated Feature' next year

The preponderance of movie fans seem to think that LOTR was a fabulous film, approaching 'The Godfather' in its greatness. Check out IFDB.

[Correction: IFDB=IMDb]

and FYI,

The top 5 of the top 250.
          1 Godfather, The (1972) 9.0/10 (53119 votes)
          2 Shawshank Redemption, The (1994) 8.9/10 (70506 votes)
          3 Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) 8.8/10 (56129 votes)
          4 Godfather: Part II, The (1974) 8.8/10 (27924 votes)
          5 Schindler's List (1993) 8.7/10 (50698 votes)
          Last edited by MrBaggins; April 19, 2002, 13:16.

Comment

I dont really care no. PM just proved that star wars aint star wars without friggin Han, Luke, Chewy, and the much hotter than Queen Amidala, Princess Leia. Not to mention Darth Vader was a lot cooler than that spike headed guy who played like a 5 minute part.

All the digitized effects sucked too. I liked his old effects much better. They actually required imagination.

I'll see it when it hits video. I will however hit the theatres if a Jar Jar Binks killing is confirmed
            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

The Star Wars #1 prequel was a complete child movie.

But it makes you feel like a child, thus the appeal

But really.... NOTHING special....
              Then again I never cared about the trilogy either....

Comment

Star Wars??? The only thing I remember from the last Star Wars movie I saw was that I was bored to death...

Which means: "I couldn't care less about Star Wars II"
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I find them entertaining, but I'm not expecting the next coming of God... I will wait a few weeks after it is released and the mobs have died down, and then go see it with my family. The special effects alone are worth watching it on the big screen. I've spent money on far worse movies.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Couldn't care less.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

BTW did anyone got to see the extra 3 or so minutes of LOTR II?

Comment

Waiting for the extended DVD release. I wish that they'd released the 4 hour dream-cut on DVD, but... thats another story

Comment

I've watched 4 so far 'course I'm gonna go for the next two (and perhaps the following three).

They've got me hooked. 'Course its not like I'm gonna plan my life around it or anything.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Star Wars: Episode 1 wasn't great but I didn't really care about the whole story and drama. I only watched it because of the computer effects.
                            The old (70' and 80') three episodes were much better and more original.

BTW - the Jar Jar creature really isn't funny

Comment

there is a site that says jar jar is the antichrist. I tend to believe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X