Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory of Evolution Should have never been a part of this game!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theory of Evolution Should have never been a part of this game!

Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
    It is also humerous because it is even called a Theory at all. Its a hypothisis at best.
    Your whole post is humourous at best because you don't even know what a "theory" is, apparently.

Carry on, this is one of the best trolls I've seen in a while.

It's really scary if you truly believe that.

Can someone tell me who created God, anyway?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Will you share what you are smoking?

Originally posted by Lorizael
      Evolution does not take place while a creature is alive! Some chimpanzee wasn't wandering around, transformed into a human because it would be better for the chimp, die, and leave behind fossils. That's not how evolution works.

But during reproduction, genes can be mixed up and in most cases will either kill the creature or have no effect. But every once in awhile a new organism is born that benefits from the mutation. And slowly, over millions of years, this small benefit will become more widespread and more advanced. And there most certainly are fossil records of better creatures appearing after creatures that were not... better.
      what a load of unscientific crap having no proof....zero...none...except speculation and myth

Show me concrete evidence of one scientifically proven example of evolution..except maybe for your brain evolved from a horse's rear end.

Comment

Good post Fezick31

Lorizael LOL

I have read a lot of books on evolution if you wish to get technical so be it.

Lorizael your example is a part of Microevelution, that does not prove evelution. Microevelolution can be proved indeed.

Im stating that Macroevolution is false, the evolution of one creature into another. If you wish to argue how old the world is please ask. And dont think carbon dating is a fool proof method of dating. It is not scientific to rely on only one method to prove a theory. There are countless scientific ways to prove that the earth is not as old as you think.
        "Its a great day for Hockey"
        - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Re: Evolution is still a hypothesis

Originally posted by danimal
          Evolution remains a hypothesis...just like creation.
          Evolution has evidentiary support, creationism does not.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: Evolution is still a hypothesis

What an idiotic statement...Copernicus theories are scientific facts!! Evolution remains a hypothesis...just like creation. However, I will place my wager with Pascal...I will bet on the watch maker.
            You know, when Copernicus formulated his theories, they were hypotheses at first, later to be verified by facts...and there certainly is a good deal of evidence supporting evolution.

Comment

Can someone tell me who created God, anyway?
              We did

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We did
                Are you sure?

I would have thought he evolved from a higher primate, such as an Ape.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

We did

-Arrian
                  No, God is dead. And we killed him.

Comment

Pascal's Wager is akin to saying you should never leave your house for fear of being mauled by a bear. It's better to be safe than sorry, after all.

What does God think of people who attend church and are religious for fear of his retribution anyway?

And what does that tell us about who God is? What kind of egomaniac is he if he wants us to pray and worship him? What a bastard.

Comment

Where is this proof of Microevolution? Show me any fossle evidence of evolution!

Please educate me. With out fossle evidence how can you support evolution?
                      "Its a great day for Hockey"
                      - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Draco's point is fundamentally correct: Darwin's theories on the origin of species remain unverified and likely unverifiable. We do know that heredity exists, and we know that species do change and adapt over generations based on local conditions and favorable combination of hereditary traits. We do not know that humans evolved from monkeys, or that the majority of life on earth actually evolved from earlier, (generally) simpler life. Instead we can only look at present conditions and infer backwards, which is hardly set-in-stone proof.

That said, however, I agree with the inclusion of this as a wonder. Civilization's wonders are judged for their ability to impress and influence the world, directly or indirectly. As has been pointed out, Darwin's ideas have heavily influenced scientists in all fields--not because they all accept Darwin's proposed origin of species (with or without proof), but because of the sheer elegance of his proposed process of selection. Propogate effective traits; eliminate ineffective ones. This simple scheme has proven to make for accurate, effective, and self-sustaining models for basically any sort of life process.

As to creationism, the intuitive proof depends on whether you're assuming a finite reality or an infinite, all-encompassing reality (even one that doesn't necessarily encompass all at once, at least not in terms of our reckoning of time). In an infinite universe, it stands to reason that everything--no matter how unlikely--is probably going to happen at some point. Including us.

Comment

The problem with biblical creationists is that they wont accept any scientific evidence that contradicts what the bible says.

To me its obvious that there is a creator, but I believe evolution was directed by God and his "Life Carriers".
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

To me its obvious that there is a creator
                            But who created the creator?

How is that an obvious thing?

It's one of the most illogical things I've ever heard.

Comment

Re: Evolution vs. beautiful wrist watch

Now the Universe is far more complex than any damn wirst watch..but some people chose to believe everything just lined up one day and the universe was set into motion by chance with no plan, design or creator. To them I say....look for the watchmaker.
                              I knew I'd seen this argument somewhere before! It's Number 45 on the Comprehensive List of Reasons to Believe in God:

45. ARGUMENT FROM MASS PRODUCTION

(1) Barbie dolls were created.
                              (2) If Barbie dolls were created, then so were
                              trees.
                              (3) Therefore, God exists.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Draco, I have discussed this in the past, but essentially, you know nothing about this issue, even though you think you do. I am not going to go into the various proofs of microevolution or macroevolution again, check through the apolyton archives on this matter. Essentially, you are arguing without even looking at the facts of the issue. It is known as 'being brainwashed'.

By the way, I am more than willing to go head-to-head with you on a evolutionist debate. You, some snivelling teenage know-nothing, and me, Oxford graduate in Biochemistry. Get out there, read some stuff, and learn something. There is more to the world and reality than your little church
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X