"Blacks ought to be thankful for slavery; otherwise, they'd be back in Africa."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SultanofATL
    I would venture to say these poor areas are just as bad as the worst places in Africa.
    Were you to venture this opinion, you would be incorrect.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

...you presume.
      Errr.. yeah. That's why I wrote "Presumably..."
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

"Blacks ought to be thankful for slavery; otherwise, they'd be back in Africa."
        We must therefore be thankful for the Black Death, the Holocaust, and the World Wars then. It's pretty obvious that if any single event in history had turned out differently, the entire world would have been subtly different and none of us would have been born.

In the same way, be thankful for the population explosion. Alot of you, including me, would not have been born if family planning had started earlier.
        Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

This is a tempest in a teacup. Of course, blacks in America are better off in America than in Africa. Most black Americans are firmly planted in the middle class and enjoy a high quality of life.

That doesn't justify slavery, however. Rather, it is a mitigating factor when evaluating the evil that was slavery.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            That doesn't justify slavery, however. Rather, it is a mitigating factor when evaluating the evil that was slavery.
            I don't think that anybody here has actually used the argument in question in order to justify slavery, regardless of what is in the thread title.

Comment

I repeat have you ever been to Africa? Its not all desert and jungle. Not everyone lives in huts. As a matter of fact have you been to middle america lately? Or the deep souther US? I would venture to say these poor areas are just as bad as the worst places in Africa. I'm not saying I'd want to live in Africa. Mainly because I'm an American. But, it is totally unfounded for you to say that blacks wouldn't be happy or happier if we had been able to come to America by choice as a lot of Africans do now. Just trying to enlighten you and others.
              Sorry, but you are totally and utterly wrong. Im amazed that you could actually believe such a thing.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

I don't think that anybody here has actually used the argument in question in order to justify slavery, regardless of what is in the thread title.
                Quite right. The person who started this thread just doesnt want to admit that there have been unintended positive outcomes as a result of slavery.

Comment

Answer the question!!!!!! Have you ever been to Africa????????

Comment

No, but I have lived with native africans for a year and spoken to many people who have lived there. Everyone agrees its a ****hole.

What about you? Have you been there?

Comment

Africa is a ****hole with no future. The average people make less than 60$ a year, and there is **** for infrastructure and constant wars, disease, famine.....etc. The UN says at this rate, africa will be destroyed in 50 years anyway.

Note: None of these seem to happen in America. And if they do, there are services to get help. Such things dont exist in Africa.

ATL yor comments are way off.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                        ATL yor comments are way off.
                        I think hes in a little over his head.

Comment

Have you? I certainly hope you got some primary, or at least secondary, sources before you tried to "enlighten" us...

Comment

You just cant compare anything with Africa.1.5 milion people are threatened with Starvation this year an another 5 million moderately threatened. You just dont find this in America. The least, there is always places to go for Food (Churches, shelters, etc....) Not so in the ****hole

Like I said. Africa wont exist in 50 years. It will have destroyed itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Quite right. The person who started this thread just doesnt want to admit that there have been unintended positive outcomes as a result of slavery.
                              Kindly list the positive outcomes of the Holocaust, if you will.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                                Kindly list the positive outcomes of the Holocaust, if you will.
                                I for one can't think of any. However, it's your analogy, so in all fairness you ought to be the one to list the positive outcomes of the Holocaust.

Comment

Working...
                                X