No announcement yet.

Getting to know each other: your clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the footwear front, Doc's seem the way to go, although I have worn Caterpillar.

I only buy real stitching. Because I wear boots a LOT, and I wear them until they fall apart, glue just won't do it for me.

I need real, strong stitches! The last time I wore running shoes was my last mandatory PE class, and they were Nikes.

During the summer, I wear those really cheap, poor quality plastic sandals with the velcro. I know I should wear Birkenstocks or other leather ones, but I often manage to get my feet wet and plastic is lighter.

There is always a point when they just explode from overuse though...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

i'm good friends with Banana Republic, you could label me a prep if you like labels.
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

One has a few styles.
        In summer, either a white t-shirt and beige shorts, or a black t-shirt and beige shorts.
        At any time, plain white t-shirt with blue jeans
        At any time, plain black t-shirt with black jeans.
        Black shirt and black trousers/or black jeans.
        Red flannelette shirt, white singlet, blue jeans, uncouth cap, work boots.
        Blue "denimish" shirt with blue jeans and work boots.

With most of those outfits, a black leather jacket is often added (ie, all the bloody time when wearing long trousers, but not with flanny)

In winter, may add black wool jumper, or black overcoat.

Often clad in charcoal pinstripe Italian suit, with white shirt, and a choice of several ties (old school ties, house tie, old scholars tie, plain black, plain dark blue, plain red, sporting club tie, silk one from England with small tasteful illustrations of balloons.)

Shoes come from selection of: one pair of sneakers, one pair of steel cap work boots, several pairs GP military boots, 1 air shiny military boots, and one pair dress shoes.

Hat wearing limited to choice of two baseball caps in warmer weather, or rolled up balaclavas later on.

That is all.
        Whether you like it or not, history is on our side.
        We will bury you.

- N.S. Khrushchev

Comment

I wear jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers. Sometimes I'm daring and wear jeans, a hawaiian shirt, and sneakers. When I'm going to a nice restaurant I wear jeans, a polo shirt, and sneakers.

When it's warmer outside I substitute cargo shorts for jeans. I never wear long-sleeved shirts, so the temperature outside has no bearing on what I wear to cover my upper body.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

With me, it varies.

My current favourite pair of trousers are quite baggy and black. I tuck the trousers into the back of my shoe in order to stop me treading on them all day. I hate that look when you see someone's trousers scraping around on the floor.

At the moment, those are what I'm wearing; up top I've got a long sleeve white t-shirt on, and over the top of that a plain black t-shirt with "Crimson and clover, over and over" printed on the back. I got that done at a custom printing shop in town...

I've got a pair of Timberland trainers which are quite hardy. I paid £30 for them last summer and they are still going strong despite being worn most days for around fourteen hours.

If I'm not wearing these baggy black trousers, I've also got a pair of slightly less baggy blue ones from an Old Navy store in the US. They have become a little worn though. Alternatively, a piar of tight-ish faded jeans. I've got two pairs of cheap combat trousers but I hardly ever wear those nowadays.

For shirts, I've got a Manchester United one which I wear on match days. Also, a sweater with a single stripe across the centre. Short-sleeve chequered shirt, a Stone Roses-esque shirt, and an Ataris t-shirt, which I generally wear over a long-sleeved black t-shirt.

I don't wear any bracelets or necklaces, just a simple watch. Everything else makes someone look a little boy-ish and as if they haven't really grown up.

So my "look" could probably be described as a cross between alternative and trendy, with strong statements about me being projected due to various band names, football shirts and combinations I can make.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Not being a student ...

At work today -
              Shoes: Brown split toe mocs - Kenneth Cole
              Socks: Black with a brown fleck - CK
              Pants: Brown wool - Ralph Lauren.
              Belt: Brown plaque belt - unknown
              Shirt: Tan, american collar - tailor made
              Sweater: Black v-neck - Country Road

At home yesterday-
              Shoes: Merrel slip-ons
              Socks: Grey cheapo work socks with an orange stripe at the top and whit toes
              Pants: Old pair of green sweat pants that bulge weirdly at the knee from being sat in too much. (it was St. Paddy's Day!)
              Shirt: Operation room green t-shirt (it was St. Paddy's Day!)
              Jacket: Black fleece (free from employer as part of some employee appreciation day thingy) and an old brown leather jacket of my Dad's (I spent most of the day working in my shop and it was cold out there).
              What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Echinda
                Not being a student ...

At work today -
                Shoes: Brown split toe mocs - Kenneth Cole
                Socks: Black with a brown fleck - CK
                Pants: Brown wool - Ralph Lauren.
                Belt: Brown plaque belt - unknown
                Shirt: Tan, american collar - tailor made
                Sweater: Black v-neck - Country Road

At home yesterday-
                Shoes: Merrel slip-ons
                Socks: Grey cheapo work socks with an orange stripe at the top and whit toes
                Pants: Old pair of green sweat pants that bulge weirdly at the knee from being sat in too much. (it was St. Paddy's Day!)
                Shirt: Operation room green t-shirt (it was St. Paddy's Day!)
                Jacket: Black fleece (free from employer as part of some employee appreciation day thingy) and an old brown leather jacket of my Dad's (I spent most of the day working in my shop and it was cold out there).
                nah, not worth it.....
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Sure it is, tuber. Mockery is an essential part of the OT phenomenon. So go ahead. Take a few shots. But don't forget to describe your own apparel. After all, I imagine your clothing will be equal to your prose.
                  What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Echinda
                    Sure it is, tuber. Mockery is an essential part of the OT phenomenon. So go ahead. Take a few shots. But don't forget to describe your own apparel. After all, I imagine your clothing will be equal to your prose.
                    oh.... you don't understand...post in the Civ3/General forum and I might respond........sound familiar?

how about this?
                    Post the answer in the OT because after I clean up the vomit, that is where I'll be.

This statement wasn't worth a whole thread.
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I try to avoid labels because they make you look like a fool.

I kinda like khaki trousers and 2 dark upper blouze overlaping.

When I put on my black kashmir coat I pretty much rock though.

Comment

I wear from Polo. to tommy, to offbrand clothes, to Dickies....

NEVER goth...NEVER grunge

never

I rarely wear jeans cuz I HATE them

slacks, skirts, dresses...whatever I feel like wearing..

Comment

Tommy Hilfiger, some wal mart crap, Joe Boxer, Some old JNCO stuff that still fits. Thats what I wear when Im around the condo or doing somthing recreational.

I have a huge assortment of clothing tho.

At work I wear my work shirt, and some khaki's.

I always IRON my things. I hate wrinklies...bleh.

Sometimes Im in spy mode. I have leather-trench coat and some old guys hat I got at good will along time ago. My ggirlfriend says I look like a spy when I wear that (usually in the snow or rain)

hehe..

Comment

OOo jnco..I used to wear that....and

when I said offbrand I was thinking walmart, but decided not to mention it..

OOoh my jncos with some GBX boots....I used to rock that...

But I LOOOOVE my dickies..I have black and khaki and baby blue..I lurrrv them

they aren't the WORK pant work pants..they are the fancier, LOW rise from hot topic.

I used to wear the plain work pants with nikes and a tshirt....

Back then I looked like a thug girl..you would NEVER be able to imagine me like that now

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by FemmeAdonis
                              OOo jnco..I used to wear that....and
                              [/QUOT

I still have a pear of Skunks and Pipes that still fit after like 6 years.

Oh ya I have some Polo stuff also.

Comment

What I am wearing now.

Duffer Hooded Top
                                Ted Baker T Shirt
                                Ralph Lauren Faded Look Jeans
                                Disney Tigger Silk Boxers, bought by a girl friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X