No announcement yet.

Getting to know each other: your clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly what I wear depends on where I need to go. Since I don't need to go anywhere at the moment I'm not wearing anything. Almost.

For really formal occasions I have my tailor made shirts and suits, but I ususally don't need them more than a day each month, if that often.

When I go to work I usually dress in what's called the "IT look," or smart causal really. Nice polo shirts in the summer, comfy shirts in the winter, with slacks, chinos, and jeans on fridays

Shoes I have formal dress shoes, causal shoes, dockers, tennis shoes, hiking boots, trainers, football shoes, steel toe boots (don't ask), and sandals.

Colour wise most of my dress shirts are white with some pastel colours (very light taint of blue, green, yellow, and red). Most of my comfy shirts are either stripped or checkered. My ties are generally of bright colours with big patterns My polo shirts are mostly bright colours. My tees are mostly white.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I really hate fashion and brand names like Gap, Abercrombie, etc. so I tend to wear comftorable jeans and a sweater in the winter time, and shorts/jeans with a plain t-shirt in the spring/summer.

I do own one 'express' t-shirt, one American Eagle dress shirt, and one Aeropostole Sweater, but all were gifts.

If I'm just lounging around though, or don't have anything important to do that day, it's jeans and a plain white T-shirt for me.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

comfort and functionality are all I care about. I'm the only guy at the bank who doesn't wear a tie, and when the suits come to town for their big meetings, they always look at me as though I'm from another planet but I don't really care. I fix their computers and ties are uncomfortable....they can look at me that way all they want, I'm still the guy they call when stuff breaks.

So....I wear the minimum requirements to get by at work (semi-casual pants and anything but a white shirt, no tie) and jeans and black tee's around the house. Shoes? Bah.....haven't bought a new pair of shoes in years....eventually, when the two I've got get holes in them, I'll consider it, but these are comfortable, and as long as they keep my toes warm, I don't really care much about it.

Cold weather gear (not that we get much of that here in SC) amounts to a long black coat tossed over whatever else I'm wearing.

Never really put much thought into it....if it's comfortable and the colors match, I'm good to go.

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

i alternate between raver and preppy and "blue jeans and a fleece sweater" bummy. and of course the ever popular military fasions
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
            I don't particularily care what I wear, but I try to get clothes with as little or no logos as possible.
            I agree with you, I try and avoid logos. Of course excluding band t-shirts/hoodies
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Iain wears big, loose comfortable trousers with T-shirts and Hooded sweaters. During the time he travels to his nightly club spots these magically transform themselves from tattered sportswear with Nike and Adidas logos to Skater-Punk-Chic with eXtreme and Jimmy Eat World logos.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

So true, so true.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Right now I'm in khaki shorts and a blue button down....I guess that's fairly representative...obviously I don't much care what people think
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ohhhh, shoes.

I've got Rockports for the summer, Columbia TriPeak boots for the winter. Good to -30C, waterproof, windproof, comfortable.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That attire is not really an option in our climate, as you probably recall DF

I wear shorts, but alas, opportunities are limited on our dull little isles
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I used to be a symphony in leather and crushed velvet. Chelsea boots or biker boots, bollock-crusher drainpipe jeans, silk shirts and either biker jackets or long-cut black (finget-tip+) jackets. Lots of tie-dye too.

Now I wear any old crap that hasn't got my daughter's food splattered all over it. At the moment, that's a FCUK T-shirt, "Next" jeans in black bedford cord and Caterpillar logger boots. I still live in biker jackets though.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Baggy jeans, T-shirt with a logo of some kind, Sweater, Nike or Adidas, Nike trainers, occasionally a cap
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

What Krazyhorse said about "science guys" - my only purpose for using clothes or having hair is to avoid getting cold or embarrassed.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Ohhhh, shoes.

I've got Rockports for the summer, Columbia TriPeak boots for the winter. Good to -30C, waterproof, windproof, comfortable.

The last time I went to BC in the winter, all I brought was some worn out running shoes. I had very cold feet.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yeah, it's too cold. I have to wait for busses and whatnot, so it's a must for warm boots. I also have to walk across this big field, which is a big chore when there's several feet of snow on it. Sneakers wouldn't do the job there.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X