Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Baseball Signups (CBS League)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Baseball Signups (CBS League)

Hey hey!

Another year of Apolyton Fantasy Baseball! I believe the league is 12 deep, so 11 more players to go. If you want to join sign up here and I'll send you an email with all the info (only if you are truly serious, please).

So, signup here, and, for fun's sake say who you think will be the WS team or the Surprise team.

My WS team is the St. Louis Cardinals. Their young pitchers a year older, their offense was humming, with Pujols, Drew, and now Martinez it should continue. They have very few weaknesses and with Izzy solidify their bullpen.

edit: Also the draft will be March 30th at 7:00 PM Eastern time (it is a Saturday, right before Opening Day, so you know the Spring injuries).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

hmm how does it work?

I never really got into baseball until last years world series.

Arizona is as close as I have to a home team. And I felt for certain they would beat the yankees.

This is what turned me off to baseball in the first place. I hate the Yankees. A team like the pittsburg pirates has no shot at winning a world series. Why do they even play?

Comment

I'd be interested, but I'd have to see the rules first.

WS--Yankees, of course.

Surprise team--Twins. They played well last year, and are now under the contraction gun. I think they will respond by improving even more.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Actually, checking the site, I see only 10 owners are needed.

Dissident, it is like Fantasy Football... if you don't know about Baseball, it'll help you learn the game.. I bet you. You'll be scouring all the analysis and stuff trying to get an edge .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

well I'm familiar with baseball. But is it head to head?

I wouldn't want to participate if I had to draft a Yankee. . But they have so many good players it's hard not to draft them.

Comment

Rules, you say?

Here is scoring:

Batting Category Point Value
            Single 1 point
            Double 2 points
            Triple 3 points
            Home Run 4 points
            RBI 1 point
            Run 1 point
            Base on Balls 1 point
            Stolen Base 2 points

Pitching Category Point Value
            Win 10 points
            Save 10 points
            Complete Game 5 points
            Strikeout 1 point
            Base on Balls -0.5 points
            Inning Pitched 2 points
            Hits Allowed -0.5 points
            Earned Runs(ER) -1 point

If you want other things, just let me know.

--

Diss: Weekly Head to Head. That means H-2-H, and games are one week long.

Comment

Slackers are in.

Imran, more bad news, Walrus' mother passed, but I know he wants to play, so add him to the list.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Apolyton's loved ones are not having a good week. I'm sorry to hear that.

Ok, so:

Chris
                Walrus
                Imran

And maybe:
                Dissident
                Guy

Comment

let me know if you are 1 short, and I'll fill in.

but I'm not terribly interested. I might be able to manage my team once a week. Is that the norm for baseball? I won't be able to give it as much attention as football.

Pluse I refuse to draft any yankees so my team may not be as much of a challenge.

And I prefer head to head. I was in the basketball league once. I found it boring. I like head to head games. But I suppose that is impossible with baseball.

Comment

Alright, count me in.

Comment

Have fun...

Let me know if somebody sets up a non CBS league with a slow draft

Good luck all
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Chris, check you PM. What is walrus's full screenname so I can send him a PM?

And Dissident, thank you for your offer . We might be in touch with you.

Guy, watch your PMs tonight too.

Comment

Say, that reminds me...

How exactly does the draft work?

One shot deal? Can pick up and drop players willy-nilly? I've done both sorts of fantasy leagues...

Comment

I'm kind of interested though. Only if I get Barry Bonds

What kind of draft is it? Another important question.

Comment

walruskkkch is the full screen name.

This hasn't been the best week, no
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                              X