Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to read "What is the best MBT?" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah 200, or 750 wiped out - trouble with too many 16-18 hour workdays.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by sachmo71

I think the most interesting tank was the Russian KV-12(?). It has 4 cannons, or somesuch. I don't want to have to load up Steel Panthers to figure it out! Anyway, they were slow and were used for target pratice, but if it hit something, it could kill it!
      Sure you're not referring to the T-35 "land battleship" from the early war days? The design was dropped because they were too lightly armored (had to save weight to accomodate those extra turrets), and still too heavy to get any speed performance - and they burned out transmissions in a heartbeat. Cool to look at, though:
      Attached Files
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

So, what happened to the archives? The MBT thread was there...

Geronimo, great to see you post again.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I love photos like the one MTG just posted
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I have a great one from a German text - shows an abandoned T-35 in the field, and they had strapped an entire extra tranny on the rear of the hull, because the transmissions were so unreliable under field conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Hey! Its Geronimo How are you?

Don't tell me you've been lurking for the past 2 years
              Sorry about dropping out of forums as abruptly as I dropped in. Grad school has killed almost all of my free time but occasionally I have a few minutes to wait in which I can browse the web and frequently I like to use those minutes lurking in apolyton OT checking out the more interesting threads. (So yeah, I have been sort of lurking here for 2 years, just not very often). It's probably a good thing for my work in the lab that this thread seems to have fizzled though.

Comment

Oh ****! It's an Injun party.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

Sorry about dropping out of forums as abruptly as I dropped in. Grad school has killed almost all of my free time but occasionally I have a few minutes to wait in which I can browse the web and frequently I like to use those minutes lurking in apolyton OT checking out the more interesting threads. (So yeah, I have been sort of lurking here for 2 years, just not very often). It's probably a good thing for my work in the lab that this thread seems to have fizzled though.
                  What kind of lab work?

When I was a grad student, I used to goof off all the time...

Comment

Hey Geronimo...

Yet another MBT spinoff thread, the glory never ends...
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                    X