Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia wins first ever Winter Olympics Gold medal after everyone else falls over

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Find something else to whine about, Wiglaf.

    If you knew anything about the sport you'd realize that in short track speed skating this kind of stuff is all too common.

    It happens sometimes, and it did here.

    That's why the American wasn't too upset, it's part of the game.

    Get Over It, little man.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

    Comment


    • #32
      That's the nature of the short track... stuff happens.
      Again... it seems Apolo is taking this far better than you are
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

      Comment


      • #33
        I was surprised they let so many competitors in one race. Its an awfully small track. Someone compared it to Nascar
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

        Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

        Comment


        • #34
          Oh, of course, glonky, it's just a part of the game. That's why they disqualified the one they thought at the time started the fight, right there on the ice. Oh, btw, I can live with you calling me little to piss me off if you can live with me constantly moaning "Meep" to piss you off.

          Meep! Meep! Meep! Enjoy it.

          Again... it seems Apolo is taking this far better than you are
          What happened to the three evasive rolleyes? Must've defected over here. Sorry bout that, mingy, they don't work for you anymore.

          Meep! Meep! Meep!

          I was surprised they let so many competitors in one race. Its an awfully small track. Someone compared it to Nascar
          What's your point? Meep, it's totally irrelevant here.

          Comment


          • #35
            It's a bit like Australia in World Cup qualfying. First they choke against Iran in '98, and then they lose in Uruguay this past year. Can't catch a break. Personally, I like the Olympics because it seems to be the only sport where the team I support is actually any good.
            "'It's the last great adventure left to mankind'
            Screams a drooping lady,
            offering her dreamdolls at less than extortionate prices."
            -"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)

            Comment


            • #36
              I think Wiglaf should start a different thread and tell us what he thinks sport is.

              I'm glad he got the Gold medal - its a nice story with a good moral.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

              Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

              Comment


              • #37
                Wiggy's getting funnier and funnier.

                I laughed my ass off while reading his posts, and got especially amused by those taking him at face value.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  (snip)
                  Meep! Meep! Meep!
                  (/snip)

                  Oh man, thats funny!
                  A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

                  .13 posts per day, and proud of it!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I LOL when I saw the race. tis is the reason I like the Games. You get to see sports you never get to see. At least when NBC decides not to bless us with figure skating.
                    God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Well all I can say is:
                      Attached Files
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

                      Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I like the sense of humor that the Aussies are showing over this. The winner concedes he was lucky, but he'll take the medal anyway
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          He's said he was lucky to win - but he's also said he was hanging back in hopes of getting a bronze if someone made a mistake.

                          He also said, at the time he thought they might re-run the race and he wouldn't have been surprised if they had
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

                          Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Double standards?

                            Originally posted by Asher
                            Find something else to whine about, Wiglaf.

                            If you knew anything about the sport you'd realize that in short track speed skating this kind of stuff is all too common.

                            Get Over It, little man.
                            I seem to recall a few people telling the Canadians something very similar several days ago.
                            I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
                            For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Double standards?

                              Originally posted by DinoDoc
                              I seem to recall a few people telling the Canadians something very similar several days ago.
                              Um. If this involved corrupt officials, by all means, they should appeal it. I don't think it was, though.

                              Your point is also lost on the fact that the Canadians went from silver to bronze because of the pileup. We got bumped down a medal too.

                              Go troll elsewhere.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Re: Double standards?

                                Originally posted by Asher
                                If this involved corrupt officials, by all means, they should appeal it. I don't think it was, though.
                                If you knew anything about the history of Olympic figure skating you'd realize that kind of stuff is all too common and that you should go whine somewhere else.

                                If we are going to award medals on the basis of bad judging, why stop with Canadians, when Olympic history is full of wrongs that we could correct?
                                I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
                                For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X