No announcement yet.

Questions for creationists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh. So they lived in the Garden for 60+ million years. After that, humanity started measuring their lifespans in decades. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Oh, and John, there is another option.

Think of God (I can't believe I'm saying this) as Microsoft. We're version whatever of His plan. Evolution is His way of bringing out new versions, updating, and making Patches. I personally come from the school of thought that says God is responsible for Evolution. (And there is even a school of thought which says that God is the product of evolution.)
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Chardin?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Ahhhh. So they lived in the Garden for 60+ million years. After that, humanity started measuring their lifespans in decades. Makes perfect sense to me.
          'Scuse? Know how long Noah, Abraham, and Moses lived? In the Garden, Adam and Eve were in paradise. No disease, no pestilence, not even heartburn. They were immortal. God created Adam as His prime "trophy", and Eve as Adam's companion. When they ate the Forbidden Fruit, God punished them by making them susceptible to all of these, and threw them out of the Garden, for they had disobeyed. If you think about it in a religious sense, it DOES make sense.
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

*sigh*

The sad thing is that people continue to be baited by ridiculous threads.
            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
              *sigh*

The sad thing is that people continue to be baited by ridiculous threads.
              I made this thread less troll-like and gave it a purpose.

Oh, and yes John, Chardin, or at least Chardin-like.

Comment

well according to the Bible

before the flood man measured his days in 100s of years (like 900)

and of course, before sin there was no death of mankind at all (according to the Bible)

then after the flood, lifespan quickly decreased so that the ancient were 80 (and the really famously long lived were 120)

(note the loss of lifespan is linked by some scholars to generations away from the Tree/ the effects of sin)

so according to the Bible, living 60+ million years pre eating of the fruit is no trouble at all

Jon Miller
                (can't beleive that I am the only one who knows this stuff)
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller
                  (can't beleive that I am the only one who knows this stuff)
                  Wanna try that again?

Comment

In the Garden, Adam and Eve were in paradise. No disease, no pestilence, not even heartburn.
                    Why didn't Adam and Eve become snacks for the velociraptors roaming around the Garden?
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Why didn't Adam and Eve become snacks for the velociraptors roaming around the Garden?
                      God didn't put anything in the Garden that would *physically* harm them. All animals in the Garden were also tame.

And remember, the Serpent talked, and was in actuality Lucifer.

Take THAT, sarcasm!

Comment

Actually, Jon, I knew that stuff too.

EF, I can't think "religiously." I don't know how to describe my thoughts ("rational arrogance" comes to mind - after all, I always think I'm right and make perfect sense. ), but "religiously" is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

Wanna try that again?
                          I started before you posted

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            Actually, Jon, I knew that stuff too.

EF, I can't think "religiously." I don't know how to describe my thoughts ("rational arrogance" comes to mind - after all, I always think I'm right and make perfect sense. ), but "religiously" is not one of them.
                            See, I guess my understanding is that Man in the garden is the same state as Man in heaven will be (I think that this is an obvious conclusion (but not the only possible) from the Bible).

Therefore, Man would not die in the Garden.

So, if you think that Man would die pre sin, I would consider that a much bigger issue then any creationism.

BTW, Creationism does not maintain that God created the Universe at any recent time.

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

If there are millions of stars and millions of inhabited planets and God had to die a horrible death on each of them to save the sentient beings that would border on fetish. It would make God a very weird character indeed.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

See, I guess my understanding is that Man in the garden is the same state as Man in heaven will be (I think that this is an obvious conclusion (but not the only possible) from the Bible).

Therefore, Man would not die in the Garden.

So, if you think that Man would die pre sin, I would consider that a much bigger issue then any creationism.

BTW, Creationism does not maintain that God created the Universe at any recent time.

Jon Miller
                                Well, damn. My dog will die pre-sin. Babies die pre-sin. I don't think it takes a radical leap of faith or logic to think that people can die before they sin.

Comment

Working...
                                X