Iraq. The poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

You can't expand your territory if you are dead.
    3 war front with Turkey plus 20 million insurgent and armed kurds... keep dreaming little SHi

And we'll do it. So no expansion of turkish dicatorship borders or the bunny gets it

Comment

I don't think the US is going to go through with it this time. Call it a hunch.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        I don't think the US is going to go through with it this time. Call it a hunch.

See I disagree. Bush and Blair have only said they would do somthing 500 times now. If there bluffing and dont intend to carry this out; ugh...embarrsing for US president.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
          *Hey look Mom! Another "Should we bomb Iraq" poll*

Why didnt you just bump the other 700 threads made since 9/11?
          Not "should you", but "will you". Also, not "bomb", but "invade".

I'll say again: I have a hunch the US is going to back down on this one. They'll send in the cruisies and leave it at that.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

See I disagree. Bush and Blair have only said they would do somthing 500 times now. If there bluffing and dont intend to carry this out; ugh...embarrsing for US president.
            I think Bush really did himself a disservice by whipping up US public opinion about Iraq. He's got really minimal support with his Eurocom allies and less than none from the more important Arabcom allies.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

He can't present the same sort of smoking gun cassus belli he did for Afghanistan, and this is also one hell of a different proposition. The US would walk all over Iraq, but it wouldn't be especially pretty.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

3 war front with Turkey plus 20 million insurgent and armed kurds... keep dreaming little SHi

And we'll do it. So no expansion of turkish dicatorship borders or the bunny gets it
                Everyone knows Turks are better fighters then Greeks. If you try anything, the mighty United States of America reduces Greece to rubble and Greeks become next Turkish genocide victim.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

you're starting to losing it

Everyone knows Turks are better fighters then Greeks. If you try anything, the mighty United States of America reduces Greece to rubble and Greeks become next Turkish genocide victim.

BTW good luck fending off terrorists SHi

that's yet another geopolitical checkmate and you're beloved dictatorship Turkey has lost - again. you protectors of demoracy my ass Shi
                  Last edited by Bereta_Eder; March 12, 2002, 02:46.

Comment

He can't present the same sort of smoking gun cassus belli he did for Afghanistan, and this is also one hell of a different proposition. The US would walk all over Iraq, but it wouldn't be especially pretty.

Well. He know's politically at home. He has strong backing for removing Saddam.....almost 70% approve.And the Senate is pushing for him. And the hawks in his own administration..

He's evaulating these things now. I think Cheney will come from ME and report to Bush. Bush will then make his decision. He ha some factors.

1) Iraqi air defenses are trying there damnest to hit a warplane. Its only a matter of time if we let them sit down there and upgrade

2)The US pilot rumoured to be alive and held captiveor 9 years.

3) Saddam's refusal to allow weapons inspectors

4)Bush has a Window of oppurtunity. For say ; another 6 months. Before the war takes the back burner. He know's he can strike one more arab nation before wrapping the big guns in the WoT. Who is it gonna be? A peon harborer like Somalia? Or a supporter and Philosphical rallying cry in Iraq?

Comment

Everyone knows Turks are better fighters then Greeks.
                      Who told yout that?
                      If you try anything, the mighty United States of America reduces Greece to rubble and Greeks become next Turkish genocide victim.
                      This is the way how the trully "defender of democracy" and "last hope of mankind" must act.
                      Keep dreaming that you can reduce to rubble every country you don't like. Someday, somebody will teach you a lesson.
                      Last edited by Serb; March 12, 2002, 02:53.

Comment

Agreed. While I believe that the war will probably be over within a few weeks (I really doubt Saddam's got much support by now), the US is going to completly trash it's international reputation in the process.
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

This is way how the trully "defender of democracy" and "last hope of manlind" must act.
                          Keep dreaming that you can reduce to rubble every country you don't like. Someday, somebody will teach you a lesson.
                          Amen

oh and little Shi...

"From this point on, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like the Greeks".
                          Winston Churchill, 1941

check it out

meanwhile in WW2 your sweet Turkey had burried its head in the sand

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                            Someday, somebody will teach you a lesson.

Those who tried.....

1)Fascists
                            2)Communists
                            3)Terrorists

Those who succeeded to "Teach us a lesson"

'...'

Comment

faded

The problem is that I feel Shrubya&co. incorrectly evaluated the international pol. landscape. Support for an attack inside US and lack of it outside is actually what's putting his ass in a sling right now. His admin. started the saber-rattling within a month or so of Sept. 11 because they smelled the "window of opportunity" you referred to and wanted to use it. The thing is, that window wasn't as big (timewise) as they originally thought, and it wasn't as important an effect as they'd hoped. Now the US pop is screaming for Saddam's head and the US is getting jammed up trying to arrange it with the Saudis et al (and less importantly the EU et al). It has the potential to be a really bad PR situation for the White House if they can't do it.

I'm not saying that Iraq hasn't violated the ceasefire by tossing the weapons inspectors out; I'm saying that the world outside the US doesn't really see this as sufficient cause.

Now the US seems to be backing off slightly on the rhetoric. Cheney's gonna try and pry something from the Arabs, but I doubt he'll get what he wants. The US will be stuck with the choices of trying to invade Iraq with only the barest support from Britain and none from anybody else, or bombing Baghdad for a month or two. They'll choose option 2 and claim victory. Saddam will poke his snout out from the rubble and claim victory. All will be as it was, minus a couple million pounds of HE and 25 000 Iraqis.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Those who succeeded to "Teach us a lesson"
                                1) Canada
                                2) the VC/NVA
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum