This Guy Restores Some Of My Optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

O no, it isn´t. Brezinski (Carter´s security advisor) bragged about that the CIA livened things up in Afghanistan even before the Soviet intervention. They wanted to lure the Soviets into a military adventure, so they armed all kinds of misfits, including the guys that later became the Taliban.
    How long ago was this? 15 years? 20? Next you'll be complaining about how we armed the Chinese during World War II.

Comment

Mhm.And who is going to pay for it in the end?
      An increased economy will result in more taxes being paid - because more money is being made. That is how it will be paid for.
      I refute it thus!
      "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
        I'm not saying that they are out to get you, but if they're a peace-loving liberal democracy, I'm the King of f***ing England.
        Whatever they are, it´s not my problem. That´s the meaning of 'self-government', after all.
        And don´t tell me Iran is going to start a war any time soon. As a threat to international safety, the US outclasses Iran by a wide margin.
        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Whatever they are, it´s not my problem. That´s the meaning of 'self-government', after all.
          And don´t tell me Iran is going to start a war any time soon. As a threat to international safety, the US outclasses Iran by a wide margin.
          Define, please, safety.
          I refute it thus!

Comment

I want to see the connection between the Mujaheddin and the Taliban. To the best of my knowledge, the Taliban was from Pakistan, and they came after the end of the Soviet involvement.
            The connection is the Pakistan secret service, which is a department of the CIA for all practical purposes, and you know it.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

The connection is the Pakistan secret service, which is a department of the CIA for all practical purposes, and you know it.
              This makes irrelevant your earlier comment about whatshisname and the luring the Soviets and all that. Make up your mind.
              I refute it thus!

Comment

An increased economy will result in more taxes being paid - because more money is being made. That is how it will be paid for.
                No money is being made with unproductive expenses. This theory of yours is called 'Voodoo economy'.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteElephants
                  How long ago was this? 15 years? 20? Next you'll be complaining about how we armed the Chinese during World War II.
                  I´m not complaining. I´m just saying the Taliban is your problem. They are a result of US policy, so don´t expect us Euros to pay through our noses for getting rid of them.

Comment

Define, please, safety.
                    Define define.

Comment

No money is being made with unproductive expenses. This theory of yours is called 'Voodoo economy'.
                      This "theory of mine" was pioneered by John Maynard Keynes.
                      I refute it thus!

Comment

Define define.
                        Define. To tell me the meaning of a certain word or term.
                        Now define safety.
                        I refute it thus!

Comment

This makes irrelevant your earlier comment about whatshisname and the luring the Soviets and all that. Make up your mind.
                          The CIA first sponsored Islamic Fanatics in general, and later the Pakistani secret service, itself CIA-sponsored, created the Taliban in particular. Like Frankenstein´s monster, they turned against their masters. But my sympathies with Frankenstein are limited.

Comment

The CIA first sponsored Islamic Fanatics in general, and later the Pakistani secret service, itself CIA-sponsored, created the Taliban in particular. Like Frankenstein´s monster, they turned against their masters. But my sympathies with Frankenstein are limited.
                            Now you're just bull****ting.

If the CIA supported the Mujaheddin to get at the Soviets, why did they supprot the Taliban? Evin the CIA needs motives.
                            I refute it thus!

Comment

Define. To tell me the meaning of a certain word or term.
                              Now define safety.
                              Main Entry: 1safe·ty
                              Pronunciation: 'sAf-tE
                              Function: noun
                              Inflected Form(s): plural safeties
                              Etymology: Middle English saufte, from Middle French sauveté, from Old French, from sauve, feminine of sauf safe
                              Date: 14th century
                              1 : the condition of being safe from undergoing or causing hurt, injury, or loss
                              (Webster)

I don´t expect any injury from Iran, but I fear loss of money (or even troops ) if the US succeed in drawing us into a needless and immoral conflict with a nation such as Iran.

Comment

If the CIA supported the Mujaheddin to get at the Soviets, why did they supprot the Taliban? Evin the CIA needs motives.
                                For quite the same reason they support the regimes in Kuwait and Saudi-Arabia (which are more oppressive than Iran, btw.).

Comment

Working...
                                X