ANOTHER U.S. Troop Dies in the Line of Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its wiggy and french

So is there anything to debate in this thread ???

Comment

So what sort of pension do they get? Is it a good income? That man had a young family. I hope they are going to be okay
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        So what sort of pension do they get? Is it a good income? That man had a young family. I hope they are going to be okay
        They will be fine. His family will get a 800.00$ - 1200.00$ dollar check every month for the next 30 years. Plus other goodies. Which I forget now.

Comment

It's a war, I would expect many more Americans to die. Well, you started it after all.

Comment

Actually I think the Gov pays alot for pensions the first 5 years. Then they pay less. The other goodies I mentioned are free grave plots at arlington, or refundable under a certain price elsewhere.

Comment

Do they pay extra for dependent children? Do they get free health?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I don't know if this has already been said, but I do hope Wiglaf realizes that the Brits had troops on the ground and fighting well before the initial US spec ops were there.

These guys are right: the level of international support the United States has received in this matter hasn't been seen since World War II (which we were last into anyway, so of course we were supported by allied nations).

I have a very close cousin in spec ops that I believe shipped out to the region today.

He was happy with the support we are getting. Why aren't you?

K

P.S.

Foreign press is usually far more accurate than that of the United States, which gets it first before they get it right.
                "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  And it's much safer than losing people to an ambush, helicopter crash, or prison riot. No, only Americans can die in this war. It's sick.

Yup, only the Americans are dying in this war. The Northern Alliance hasn't suffered any losses while doing the dirty work for the Americans who mainly drop bombs from practically untouchable aircraft. (Where are the Americans troops? They'll be here once the Taliban have surrendered). No Taliban fighters have died. No innocent civilian killed. Just Americans dying.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

Re: ANOTHER U.S. Troop Dies in the Line of Duty

[sobbing]BOOHOOOOO.... [/sobbing]

It is so sad when a soldier dies in the line of duty.
                    The line of duty for a soldier is to kill or to be killed , and in this case it is unfortunately the later case.

He is not a victim. He was just doing his job. Like his enemy...
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I'd be extremely interested in casualty figures among the pro-US Afghan groups--especially considering the lengths we go to in order to keep our people away from the actual fighting.

The Northern Alliance, Eastern Alliance, etc. are the ones actually fighting and winning this war, not the US Army or anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X