No announcement yet.

Let's talk about the weather!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW the brits have stolen the marbles of Parthenon. The ones they are accusing us of having lost

Excellent! They think the Brits stole them.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

stole them... brits... these are not 100% accurate.

It was not "brits" it was lord elgin who visited Greece for fun and took a fancy at them...

and he didn't steal them he bought them from the turks during the occupation (which is stealing - it was not with greek consent)

But thier natural place is in the upper part of Parthenon. To reconstitute the Parthenon as it originally was, is something that I think many of the Brits would like too if they were asked. After all it is not only, greek, it is a universal structure. It and what it stands for belongs to the world not only Greece.

The british museum has plenty of ancient greek artifacts. But the marbles of Parthenon should be returned to their rightful place, artistic, culture and architecture wise if nothing else.

Comment

that or we're stealing the queen's crown jewels

Comment

Now, now... her balls still haven't been taken off yet.... OH! Those crown jewels!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

what the f...!

her balls?

Comment

Well, you didn't think she was all woman, did you?

Comment

I'm sorry. I really don't understand. What does" taking off the queen's balls" mean?

Comment

Well you did say you were taking the Queen's "crown jewels" didn't you?

Comment

not interested in her balls though

yeah...?

Comment

The whole Royal Family treasury for 300 years was made up of stolen property looted from the 4 corners of the earth

They should pay it back!

Reparations NOW!

Comment

No taxation w.out reprsentation!

and while they are at it, they should give the original 13 colonies they had in the US spots in parliment to make up for all those years where we had none!

Comment

I just want my money back from the Stamp tax. I bought a lot of stamps in the 1700s.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

paiktis22: here in the states the family jewels is slang for a mans balls. Since inside they contain the seed for future generations. Don't worry, Imran just has his mind in the gutter.

Actually, we all do.

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It's been a fun weather here in Finland... Around Christmas and the holiday period the frost sometimes climbed down to -30 C, though it usually was bearable between -20 and -30. Then one night it just jumped all the way to zero and even higher. Last night it came from zero and is now -18... Really fun weather.
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Paiktis..finders, keepers
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X